ClamAV stopped and restarted errors | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

ClamAV stopped and restarted errors

• Good day,

Since yesterday, I have been getting CFEngine stopped and restarted errors, although not too frequently.

I checked the antivirus log and found the following error:

• * SMTP ERROR: ClamAV error while scanning file c:\mdaemon\queues\temp\md5001000129380.wrk! N/A: * comm-error

Please note that the name of the file changes with each error occurrence.

While the system doesn't seem to be affected, I would like to know the possible cause of this error.

I am currently running the latest version of MDaemon.

Thanks in advance.

Abel

• It is starting to happen more often.

Upon checking the c:\mdaemon\queues\temp\ folder, I noticed that all the *.wrk files appear when the error occurs. Each of them has a size of 27,718kb or 27,719kb, except for two files with a size of 1,848kb.

There are a total of 29 wrk files in that folder.

• Update, those wrk files are the same email. But different file name and date, this started yesterday.

• @Abel 

This appears to be related to the same issue from an earlier forum post.  There is a fix in place for this in MDaemon 23.0.2, which is currently in beta testing and should be available soon.

If you're still having issues in the next version, please let me know.

• @Tyler 

Ok, I will wait fo the new version.

Thank you!

Abel

• @Abel 

FYI, MDaemon 23.0.2 was released yesterday. 

• @Tyler Davis Good day,

I updated Mdaemon to version 23.0.2 but the issue still persists. It is the same email but with a different file name every time the error shows up in the temp folder.

It seems that it only happens when the sender is online (connected with Outlook). 

Thanks!

• @Abel 

Are you able to reproduce the issue with a certain message?  If so, can you make a copy of the message and submit it to me as an attachment in the support request form below so I can take a look at the message? 

https://mdaemon.com/pages/support-request-form

Are you still seeing the CFEninge.exe not responding and restarting in the system log?  

• It seems that is happening with only one message, it is the same every time. The original email is no longer in the user folder, at least I have tried to look for it using the date and time when originally it was sent.

Yes, I am still seeing the CFEninge.exe not responding and restarting in the system log.