Let's Encrypt update schedule | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Let's Encrypt update schedule

• Hello

I'm trying to setup temporary firewall rule drop in order to automate Let's Encrypt updates.
    'Days between updates' is set to 60. Today is June 6th, MD says 57 days until next update.
    Let's Encrypt schedule
    Excel says 57 days from today is August 2nd. Does that mean that update script will run on August 2nd 00:01 or August 3rd 00:01?

Also, my last 4 Let's Encrypt updates happened on:
     1) December 1st 22
     2) January 31st 23
     3) April 3rd 23, and
     4) June 3rd 23
    Excel (again) says 61 days passed between 1) and 2), 62 days between 2) and 3), then again 61 days between 3) and 4).
    Don't know what happened between January and April, but would it be correct to say:
         day the previous update happened + (full, following) 'Days between updates' -> update script runs the next day, minute after midnight, or in my case
         June 3rd + 60 -> next update will be on August 3rd, 00:01?

Regards

• It might be easier to turn off LetsEncrypt in MDaemon and set up a task in Windows task scheduler so that you can control the exact date/time that the script runs.

Just copy the command line from the LetsEncrypt dialog in the UI, you should be able to use the exact same command line in the Windows task.  

I'm still researching the exact details of how MDaemon is calculating the time to be ran.  As soon as I have more information I will share it.

• Thank you Arron

• When MDaemon runs the LetsEncrypt script, MDaemon sets the DaysLeft value in the [LetsEncrypt] section to the Days value found in the MDaemonn.ini file.  Then each day as part of the nightly processing MDaemon reduces the DaysLeft value by 1.  When the daysLeft value is 0 it runs the script and starts the whole process over again.

• When MDaemon runs the LetsEncrypt script, MDaemon sets the DaysLeft value in the [LetsEncrypt] section to the Days value found in the MDaemonn.ini file.  Then each day as part of the nightly processing MDaemon reduces the DaysLeft value by 1.  When the daysLeft value is 0 it runs the script and starts the whole process over again.

So, in my case it is 61 days (60 plus 1 for counter 0).
    Thanks