Authenticated Received Chain Support? | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Authenticated Received Chain Support?

• We just had an issue where a forwarded email was rejected due to a DMAC not-aligned and a reject policy from the original domain.

I see that there are a number of ways that a mail server can try to recognize forwarded mail, one of which appears to be ARC.

Is there any plan for MDaemon to support this, or other methods to try to determine forwarding to allow for overriding reject policies?

Thanks,

Dave

• Hello Dave,

A request for MDaemon to support ARC is currently on our wish list.  I will update that wish list item so that our developers are aware that you are requesting this feature, as well.

There is currently no other way to remain in alignment when forwarding messages sent from a sender with a restrictive DMARC policy without modifying the original sender's headers.  In order for SPF to be aligned, you would need to change the "From" header in the forwarded message to the address of the account that is forwarding it.  The same applies to DKIM alignment in that you will need to change the "From" header in the outbound message, and you would also need to DKIM-sign it.

Regards,
    Jared

• Thanks!

Dave

• Any updates on support for ARC? Starting February 1, ARC is listed as required by senders to Gmail. I would hope Mdaemon would support this already!

• Hello Moshe,

There is no definite ETA for when this feature will be added to MDaemon, but it is tentatively scheduled to be available at some point after the first quarter of this year.