Mdaemon and multiple domains | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Mdaemon and multiple domains

• Good day. How an i properly configure mdaemon and multiple domains, because i have 3 domains :domain1.com, domain2.com and domain3.com, but domain1.com is default domain, and whan you telnet server ip from outside helo/ehlo shows only default domain.

When i send email from email@domain3.com in smtp session i sow that my email -server 's helo/ehlo also communicates by domain1.com name. So i really confused if i  configure it properly. ( all dns record for this ip is done on isp dns server side).

• When a connection is received by MDaemon, it doesn't know which domain you are connecting to, so it answers using the default domain information.  The only way to avoid this is to bind each domain to its own IP address and route connection for each domain to the correct IP.

To bind inbound connections you'll need to edit the domain set the IP addresses correctly and then check the box for "This domain only recognizes connections made to these IPs.

You can find more information in the help file at https://help.mdaemon.com/MDaemon/en/domain-manager_host_name_ip.html

• ok, but,  what can i do, if i have one server, many domains and one public ip?  Another question is when i send from mail@mydomain2.com, the helo/ehlo also is mail.mydomain1.com so it is legal?

• If you only have one IP address, then you will simply allow the server to announce itself as the default domain.  It should send/receive email on the internet without an issue.  Make sure the FQDN for the server has forward and reverse DNS and configure all the other email security features (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.) just like you would for any other domain.

Another question is when i send from mail@mydomain2.com, the helo/ehlo also is mail.mydomain1.com so it is legal?

Yes its legal. 

• ok, just wanted to check if all done by my side properly. Thank you for your ansvers.