Move spam emails to junk emails folder but only with score less than 1.0 | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Move spam emails to junk emails folder but only with score less than 1.0

• Hello,

I want to create a rule to pass spam emails with a score less than 1.0 to Junk email folders.

I found the option to move spam to the Junk Email folder and I think I need to setup a Content filter rule to move every spam email with a score higher than 1.0 to the Spam Trap folder.

Is this correct? 

In the Content Filter, I cannot add dots like 0.9 or 1.5 only 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. So, 1 means 1.0 or 0.1?

Edit: Also, I would like to know if there is a way to automatically delete emails older than 30 days in Junk Email folders.

Thank you in advance.

Abel Herrera

• Well, it seems that the Content filter rule is working.

And for cleaning up the Junk E-mail folder for emails older than 30 days I have the file Midnight.bat with Accountprune /m /d=30 /p=''Junk E-Mail.IMAP

Hope that works.

Regards

• Hello,

You stated:

"Well, it seems that the Content filter rule is working."

Glad to hear that you were able to get your content filter rule configured correctly.

You stated:

"And for cleaning up the Junk E-mail folder for emails older than 30 days I have the file Midnight.bat with Accountprune /m /d=30 /p=''Junk E-Mail.IMAP"

Instructions for the usage of MDaemon program "AccountPrune.exe" are in the file "AccountPrune.txt". Both are located in folder "\MDaemon\App\". 

From file "C:\MDaemon\App\AccountPrune.txt":

(4) SPECIFIED FOLDER:
        Using the /P command line option specifies the folder that you want to delete or archive.  To prune all folders use
        /p="all".  To prune specific IMAP folders, use the folder name such as /p="Spam.IMAP".

(a) The following is an example of the line option:

Accountprune.exe /m /d=2 /p="all"

The above command line will prune every user's Inbox and root IMAP folders that are at least 2 days old.

(b) The following is an example of the line option:

Accountprune.exe /m /d=2 /p="Spam.IMAP"

The above command line will prune every user's root Spam.IMAP folder that is at least 2 days old.
            This is an example of the Spam.IMAP folder path for the above command line:

C:\MDaemon\Users\altn.test.com\user1\Spam.IMAP
            C:\MDaemon\Users\altn.test.com\user2\Spam.IMAP

What you have posted appears to match the syntax of the "AccountPrune" command above so I feel it should work.

The results of your "AccountPrune" command will be store in file "AccountPrune_yyyy-mm-dd.log" in folder "C:\MDaemon\Logs\".