Active Sync synchronization issues | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Active Sync synchronization issues

• Hello,

After upgrading to version 23.5, we are facing a new Active Sync issue. Now, when it refreshes to retrieve new emails, it starts to synchronize the entire mailbox. If the user has no limit on days to sync, it can take up to an hour to display all the emails again. If the user has set it to 1 or 2 days, it only takes a few minutes.

This issue is occurring with Active Sync across all devices, be it iPhone, Android, or Outlook. IMAP is functioning correctly.

In addition to this, we are still experiencing the problem with .lck files (which started with version 22.0), despite having paid for priority support. This issue continues to block devices.

Thanks in advance.

Abel Herrera

• Hello Abel,

Which version of MDaemon were you running prior to upgrading to 23.5.0?

How many of your users are experiencing this problem?

When the problem occurs, does the affected user experience the problem at the same time on all devices where they have their ActiveSync account set up, or do those devices experience the problem at different times?

Do all folders in the affected account resync to the device when this occurs, or does it only affect the Inbox?

Could you please submit an e-mail support request for this issue and provide a copy of your "AirSync.log" from the two different days when this problem occurred?

When including the logs whenever you submit the support request, please make sure that you note which users reported the problem on each of those days.

• Hello Jared,

It was running the version prior 23.5.0, do not remember if it was 23.3 but I have been updating MDaemon.

All users using Active Sync experience the problem.

Yes, when it occurrs the user needs to wait until the entire folder sync back again, this is happening when the user looks for a new email, so it is a different times.

It seems that only the inbox folder, but I need to be sure, I am going to check that.

I am going to send the email.

Thank you!

• Hello Abel,

Thanks for the information. I received the email that you sent, and I have replied back to you. Please continue working with me via email support until we have resolved this problem.

• I have exactly the same problem
    Did you find a solution ?

• No, I am still with the issue. We are just stopping using Active Sync. The problem is that we need to assure our customers that we can remotely remove sensitive data from employees' mobile devices, and ActiveSync helped us achieve this.

• Microsoft reported the 2402 version resolved the sync issue.  I was able to verify the sync issue was fixed with this version.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-desktop-exchange-activesync-connections-stopped-working-in-version-2401-da2dc0dd-297e-48ba-b6d9-ab18f5d522fc

However, we've been seeing reports of the 2402/2403 versions of Outlook click-to-run unable to sync calendar events created in Outlook profiles to ActiveSync servers, including MDaemon.  I was able to reproduce the issue.  Adding calendar events in Webmail are able to sync to the client without isuse, but not the other way around.  

I forced Outlook to install version 2312 using the command below and disabled automatic updates by selecting File > Office Account > Update Options and chose the Disable Automatic Updates option.

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.17126.20132

• Hi Tyler,

But our issue is with our mobile phones using any email app with Active Sync, like the default email app from iPhone. I do the setup Outlook for PC with IMAP only.

I have not updated MDAEMON to 23.5.2 I am running 23.5.1

• Nous sommes revenu en version précédente sur le serveur.

après redémarrage des téléphones active sync re fonctionne 

donc pour l'instant nous ne migrons plus en versions 23.5.2