Domain Signature | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Domain Signature

• Hi Everybody , 

I Create Global Domain Signature with Using Macros .

Signatures Coming Under E-Mail. There is no problem when sending new mail.

but in Reply to Emails, It's Throwing to the Bottom. This Looks Too Bad. How To Fix This Problem

• Try using the Client Signatures in MDaemon instead of the Signatures.  The client signatures can be pushed to webmail and MDaemon Connector for clients to use.  Other clients can use a macro as their signature to tell MDaemon where and when to insert the signature. These signatures can be configured globally or per domain.

More information can be found in the help file at:

https://help.mdaemon.com/mdaemon/en/default-signatures_client.html

• Hi Arron , 

We Don't Have MDaemon Connector License,   We Are Using ActiveSync Have a another solution For Us , 

OtherWise I Create 200 Signatures and Define each one manuelly .

if I Purchase Connector License and Install To Client, This Time ActiveSync Not Working. Mail Client Using IMAP Ports , is  That Correct

Or Connector Work With, ActiveSync is  a possible ?

• MDaemon Connector is not required to use the Client Signatures.  If you are using an email client other than MDaemon Connector or Webmail, you configure your client to use a Signature Selector macro as the email signature.  MDaemon will replace the macro with the signature.  

Below is a snippet from the help file that explains which signature selector macro to use:

Users can control the placement of MDaemon signatures in their emails by placing any of the Signature Selector macros into a message wherever they want the signature to appear.

Signature Selector

$SYSTEMSIGNATURE$

Places the Default Signature or Domain Signature in a message. If both exist, the Domain Signature is used.

$CLIENTSIGNATURE$

Places the Default Client Signature or Domain Client Signature in a message. If both exist, the Domain Client Signature is used.

$ACCOUNTSIGNATURE$

Places the Account Signature in the message.

• I was asked to look into what MDaemon offers regarding signatures and banners
    To start, Default Signature/Default Client Signature, Domain Signature/Domain Client Signature, Account Signature concept is kind of self explanatory.
    If signature is defined in a classic
    1. <Name / Surname>
    2. <Position>
    3. <Personal contact details>
    4. <Company logo>
    5. <Company name>
    6. <Company details>
    7. <Company contact details>
    8. <Company related banner>
    9. <Banner>
    10. <Disclaimer or something similar>
    manner I can use Domain Client signature for items 1-3, Domain Signature for 4-8 and Default Signature for 9-10. 
    Alternatively, I could just use Domain Client Signature for all of it, as suggested here.

I'm asking this because, understandably, I cannot experiment with this while server is being actively used. With push signature to connestor/webmail it is all users or none, right? I could delete all except couple of selected users in Public Contacts but that seems a little too much.

Tried a couple of things with (my) Account Signature, inserting image(s), macros,... it is working as expected, I guess. Using RemoteAdmin GUI it is relatively easy to create Default/Domain signatures (not so much in MDaemon itself).

And, as originally reported, when I started testing, I've noticed signatures "multiplying" on top of each other in the bottom after replying to myself. In one go I had 5 identical banners stacked together.
    Is there a way to change this behavior? Let's say to keep only one signature in the bottom (of the original message), not to repeat them with each reply/forward?
    Or at least not to group them all in the bottom, but to get them "stuck" at the point in which they were added? Is there any way to configure signature location within the message?
    Or is it a rigid rule: signature(s) are appended at the bottom of the each (applicable) outgoing message and that's it?

Regarding suggestion to push client signatures to Connector/Webmail (we do have Connector, but not everyone uses it), I don't really see how that can help. How are things different when, for example, connector is inserting signature instead of MDaemon itself? Do you, maybe see the signature when composing a new message (like when Outlook is configured to insert them) or is it just added in the bottom by Connector after clicking on send? 
    Message in Sent Items then contains signature added like this or not?
    What of the users not using Connector?

Is anyone maybe actively using these features for user signatures accross multiple domains?
    Any suggestions how best to do this, with a little more details, maybe

Thank you 

• manner I can use Domain Client signature for items 1-3, Domain Signature for 4-8 and Default Signature for 9-10. 

I have never tried this and I don't think I'd reccomend it.  The first issue I see is that the client signature is done by the client, and the domain signature is done by the server, they will not be placed next to each other.  Even if you used all client signature functionality, I don't see the benefit of breaking the signature up into chunks.  I think you'll have issues putting all the HTML together to make it look right.  

With push signature to connestor/webmail it is all users or none, right?

A client signature can be created globally, per domain, or for a group.  

I could delete all except couple of selected users in Public Contacts but that seems a little too much.

Removing users from public contacts will not stop the signature from getting pushed to them, it will just make it so that all macros in the signature are replaced with an empty value.

And, as originally reported, when I started testing, I've noticed signatures "multiplying" on top of each other in the bottom after replying to myself. In one go I had 5 identical banners stacked together.
    Is there a way to change this behavior? 

The solution is to use the Client Signatures.  Client signatures put the email client, and the user composing the email, in control of where and when the signature is included in a message.  

Regarding suggestion to push client signatures to Connector/Webmail (we do have Connector, but not everyone uses it), I don't really see how that can help. How are things different when, for example, connector is inserting signature instead of MDaemon itself? 

Client signatures allow the users to control the content and placement of the signature.   Basically the client signature functionaltiy allows the Administrator to create a signature that can be used by all clients.  This saves all users the hassle of creating their signatures, or changing them when the decision is made to update them, and gives the administrator the ability to give everybody the same or a very similar signature.  

Do you, maybe see the signature when composing a new message (like when Outlook is configured to insert them) or is it just added in the bottom by Connector after clicking on send?

Message in Sent Items then contains signature added like this or not?

If the signature is pushed to the client, yes, you will see the signature when composing an email and in the sent items

What of the users not using Connector?

Webmail users will see the signature when composing an email and in the sent items.  

Any clients that are configured to use macros as the signature and have MDaemon replace the macro with the actual signature, will not see the actual signature when composing the email or in the sent items.

Any suggestions how best to do this, with a little more details, maybe

We are using client signatures here, and if I recall correctly, this is how I tested it. 

Turn off pushing the signature to MDaemon Connector and webmail users.  Design the signature and save it in MDaemon.  With the push options off, saving the signature in MDaemon shouldn't actually change the signature for any users.  Then make sure the data is populated in the public contact folder for all users so the macros can be expanded.  Then to test it add the appropriate macro to a test message and send it.

The macro should be replaced with the signature.

Signature Selector

$SYSTEMSIGNATURE$

Places the Default Signature or Domain Signature in a message. If both exist, the Domain Signature is used.

$CLIENTSIGNATURE$

Places the Default Client Signature or Domain Client Signature in a message. If both exist, the Domain Client Signature is used.

$ACCOUNTSIGNATURE$

Places the Account Signature in the message.

• Turn off pushing the signature to MDaemon Connector and webmail users.  Design the signature... 

So, I have work to do.
    Thank you very much Arron

• Turning off the push is easy.. 

Setup / Web & IM Services / Webmail / Settings, uncheck the box for Push Client signature.

Setup / MDaemon Connector / MC Client Settings / Seignature, uncheck Push client signature to Outlook.

The design is all you! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Hello Arron

Is it possible that there is no signature macro for business mobile phone number?
    There are 2 for home mobile, but as far as I can see, none for business.
    I tried $CONTACTBUSINESSMOBILE$, but its' not working

Regards

• I don't see a macro for Business Mobile. All of the available macros are documented in the help file, https://help.mdaemon.com/MDaemon/en/domain-manager_client_signatures.html