MDaemon Outlook Connector Signature Greyed Out | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

MDaemon Outlook Connector Signature Greyed Out

• Hi everyone,

I recently updated to Outlook 365 and I'm having an issue with my MDaemon Outlook Connector. The signature option is now greyed out and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Winston

• Hi Winston,

I believe I have reproduced what you are seeing, but I will need to do some further testing to find a solution for you.

In the meantime, can you answer these questions, so I can make sure what I find will apply to you?

• What version of MDaemon Connector do you have installed?
    • What verson of Outlook are you using now? You can find this by going to File | Office Account | About Outlook
    • Are you attempting to edit a signature that should already exist and isn't listed, or are you trying to create a new signature?
    • If you have a signature that you already created, when you click "Got it" on the message on your screenshot, is that sig listed in the dropdown?

Thank you!

• Hello again,

After further testing, it looks like some updates in Outlook are prompting this issue. If you would like, you can roll back to a specific previous version that it does not happen with in our testing while we work on a fix for the issue to be included in an upcoming release. If you'd like to do that, here are the steps:

1) Disable Outlook update (File | Office Account | Office Updates | Disable Updates) and exit Outlook
    2) Run a Command Prompt as Administrator (right click on the shortcut for Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator")
    3) At the C:\Windows\system32>prompt, enter this, including the quotes:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16130.20332
    and press enter

Wait for the update to finish, and then when you launch Outlook again, it should resolve the problem.

• Hi @Leigh ,

Thank you for your help! I followed your advice and tested it and the issue has been resolved. I appreciate your time and support in resolving this matter.

Thanks,

Winston

• You're welcome, Winston, I'm so glad that worked around the problem for you.