Dynamic Screen from Content Filter | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Dynamic Screen from Content Filter

• Is it possible to trigger the dynamic screen from a content filter rule? If a piece of spam breaks certain rules, I'd like to ban the sender for a period of time, preventing the same sender reaching the rest of our members.

• Hello Keith,

There is currently no action available in a Content Filter rule that will add a sender's IP address to the Dynamic Block List, but I will submit this request to our wish list for consideration.

Regards,
    Jared

• Hello Keith,

A coworker suggested using the "DYNAMICSCREENUPD.SEM" semaphore file to accomplish this. I ran some tests, and it worked for me when used in a Content Filter rule.

You will want to use the "Add line to text file" action.

In that action, here is an example of what you would enter:
    File:  C:\MDaemon\App\DYNAMICSCREENUPD.SEM
    Text:  $HEADER:X-MDRemoteIP$

That action will copy the value of the "X-MDRemoteIP" header to a file called "DYNAMICSCREENUPD.SEM" in the C:\MDaemon\App folder. That semaphore file will then be processed by MDaemon, and the IP address found in that file will be added to the Dynamic Block List.

NOTE: If the rule is processed again right before the "DYNAMICSCREENUPD.SEM" can be processed, then that file will be overwritten with the IP address found in the latest message to trigger the rule. So, unless the rule is going to be constantly triggered, I think this may work for you.