Exceptions to Default Signature | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Exceptions to Default Signature

• Hello

We need configured a signature for almost accounts of our domain. I have configured a Default Signature in Mdaemon and this works fine.

But we have a few account which we don't want that they use any signature

How we can except these account to use the Default Signature?

Thanks

• Unfortunately, MDaemon's "signature" features do not allow exceptions. When you enable them, they are applied to all email messages.

The only MDaemon signature is conditional is the Content Filter action "Append a corporate signature".

From the MDaemon online "Help" file under "Security" > "Content Filter and AntiVirus" > "Content Filter Editor" > "Rules" > "Creating a New Content Filter Rule" (https://help.mdaemon.com/mdaemon/en/cf_creating_a_new_content_filter_rule.html)

Actions...

MDaemon can perform these actions if a message matches the rule's conditions. A few Actions will require additional information that you will specify by clicking on the Action's hyperlink in the Rule Description box.

Append a corporate signature—This action makes it possible for you to create a small amount of text that will be appended as a footer to the message. Alternatively, it can add the contents of a text file. There is a Use HTML checkbox available if you wish to include HTML code in your signature's text. This Action supports the $CONTACT...$ signature macros.

Hope this helps.

• Hello David

Thanks you for your reply.

Finally I've chosen use the signature associated to a group because all the accounts which I want include a signature belong to this group, and the account which I don't want to configure any signature belong to other group. So it's easier for me configure the signature only in the group settings.

But I thought that I could include the personal signature (configured in the webmail from each user with the macro $ACCOUNTSIGNATURE$) join the group signature, but this does look not possible. Only it appears the group signature.

Best regards