Where to find number of day to keep Holding Q? | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Where to find number of day to keep Holding Q?

• Hi there,

I have difficult to find setting up number of days to keep holding Q inside MD 23.5.3. Currently it deleted the Holding Q every nite.

• I don't believe there are any options in MDaemon to delete the content of the holding queue automatically.  Is MDaemon logging something to indicate that it is deleting the messages? 

You can configure MDaemon to delete messages from the Bad Queue that are older than X days. (Setup / Preferences / Disk) The only way that would affect the holding queue is if you have the path for the bad queue and the path for the holding queue set to the same location.  

You can check the paths for the queues by editing MDaemon\app\MDaemon.ini and checking the [Directories] section for the following keys:

HoldingQ=C:\MDaemon\Queues\Holding\
    BadMessages=C:\MDaemon\Queues\Bad\

There are also options to include action links in the Holding queue summary emails which would allow a recipient of the email to click the links to delete the messages.  (Queues / Mail Queues & DSN / Holding Queue)

Is there a script running on the MDaemon server that might be deleting the messages?

• Hi,

Thanks for update, now I change Bad Queue X days become 0. I also already checked the path for Bad Q and Holding Q, both pointed to different folder.