E-Mail-Client via Activesync see all calendar and contacts | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

E-Mail-Client via Activesync see all calendar and contacts

• Hello,

where can I restrict access to contacts/calendars on a mail client via Activesync ?
    If the user logs in via webmail or Outlook (MDaemon Connector), he only sees the contacts/calendars
    for which he is authorized.

iPhone/iPad/Nine (Android) lists all contacts/calendars 🤯

Martin

• @Martin Do you wish to do this at the user level for a particular user or at the domain level for all users in that domain?

If you wish to do this on a user level, you can edit the user in the MDaemon interface and go to ActiveSync Client Settings (in the GUI you must click on the FolderSync Options tab) and edit whether the user can see public folders or not. You can also edit at the domain level to do the same for the entire domain.

Is this helpful for you, or am I misunderstanding what you are seeing?

• Hello Leigh,

If I deactivate this option, no public calendars are visible.
    The user is only allowed to see public calendars that are also displayed via MDaemon Webmail or MDaemon Connector.
    Calendars/contacts are listed here via ActiveSync, for which the user actually has no authorization.

Martin

• @Martin are the contents of the calendars being displayed, or just their existence?

• Only 5 users have access to the “Calendar Test”, "Anyone" is empty.

The calendar is not present in the webmail and MDaemon connector.

ActiveSync with iPhone/iPad/Android displays all available calendars and entries.

• I reset ActiveSync for the user and deleted _ActiveSync in the user directory.
    Only the calendars are displayed, but no content. 👍👍

Since it was the same problem on my test user, I had to reset it too.

• @Martin Thank you for the update - just to make sure I understand, did the resolve the issue for you? Everything is working as expected now?