Can upgrade directly from v19.5.1 to v23.0.0 | MDaemon Technologies, Ltd.

Can upgrade directly from v19.5.1 to v23.0.0

• Hi,

I am using the very old version and plant to upgrade tithe lasted version. Also we are using the password encryption features.  

My question is, Can I upgrade it directly to the lasted version?

• @Gunta 

Yes.  You can upgrade directly to the latest version.  Some administrators would rather upgrade version to version. If you'd like to follow the incremnetal path in upgrading, you can find versions 20, 21, and 22 in the downloads link below.

http://files.mdaemon.com/mdaemon/release/

• @Tyler 

Which way you are recomend for me?  Direct or step upgrade?
    If I go with step upgrade. Which minor version that we need to select the lower or the higher. for example 

Upgrade from 19.5.1 to V.20.x.x

the files that i have to download it have 1 versions. it is 20.0.7.

But for 20 to 21. It have 2 version.

Which one i have to choose? 21.0.6 and 21.5.4?

• @Gunta 

The final version of each major version is what I would do. In this case 19.x > 20.x > 21.x > 22.x > 23.0.2.

• Thnak you Tyler :)

Just update I use the direct update from 19.5.x to 23.0.2 it work fine and very easy as follow the step by step from setup.

• @Gunta You're welcome! I'm glad everything went well. 

• @Tyler Davis - I am touching mdaemon for the first time and have to do the same activity. Current version is v19.5.4 and MDaemon Server (32-bit). My OS is windows server 2012 64-bit. please let me know which version I can use as I see 23.5.0 is the latest. 

and can you help me on how to take back up of entire MDaemon directory structure

• @Nihas 

You can upgrade to the 64-bit version of MDaemon by running the md1959_en_x64.exe installer from the URL above over top of your 32-bit version.  From there you can start MDaemon and select Help > Check for MDaemon Updates... and follow the wizard to upgrade to 23.5.0.  Or if you'd like to upgrade version by version that can be done as well. See the URL from my oringinal response to find all available previous versions of MDaemon. 

The MDaemon installer will make a backup of the general configuration when performing upgrades.  These backups are in the \MDaemon\Backup\ folder on the server where MDaemon is installed and are split up by version.  See the article below on performing a complete backup of MDaemon.

https://knowledge.mdaemon.com/how-to-backup-and-restore-mdaemon