Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > 19.5.0 Problems

19.5.0 Problems

[Hollyman, Chris]
Chris Hollyman
Chris Hollyman - 05:00am, Oct 18 2019

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 19.5 and run into some weird problems. My server is 2012R2, 32GB, i7 multiple SSD. I utilise IIS as a front end provider. I also use CertifyTheWeb to provide LetsEncrypt SSL. MD is installed to C under default conditions.

So I first noticed In the Plugins Tab that “c:\mdaemon\app\mddp.dll” could not load. To fix I copied over from the ISAPI folder to at least get it working, which it seemed to. I restarted Mdaemon and no errors and the autodiscovr server was responding.

Secondly I am getting this error in the logs:
191018 194927017 W [00001DEE] 0x81310170 Unable to authorize additional accounts, available license count is insufficient.
191018 194927017 W [00001DEE] 0x81310030 Account does not have permission to use ActiveSync
I have 250 license AS and am using 33 of them.

Thirdly I don’t get any information in the Plug-ins\Activesync or MDaemon Discovery Proocol or the AutoDiscovery tabs anymore. Is this just a setting?

Fourth on the list is if I enable Advanced Management Options in the Mobile Device Management Screen and Apply/OK it does not save the option or give me advanced options.

Fifth is I am getting lots of Client Expired Key from iphones. I have had this before and thought it was just isolated emails but for some clients it’s happening often and resync their devices when it does.

That’s it for the moment. I hope you can give me some insight as to what maybe happening.

Chris

  (older msg: 8)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Nov 6, 2019 7:49 am (#9 Total: 15)

Hi Chris,

> Yes the logfiles are in separate files based on day of week and they are detailed sessions.

Can you clarify this statement.  We used to have an option to log by day of the week, but it was removed several versions ago.  Now the options are to log by the date, or create an all log.  If your installation is still somehow using the option to log by the day of the week, it might explain the behavior you are seeing. Can you post a screen shot of your Log Settings dialog which can be found by going to Setup / Server Settings / Logging / Log Mode, as well as a screen shot of the Settings dialog?

> The MDDP file is no longer being created with the date a few days after upgrade.

Is the MDDP service getting requests?  If you go to https://mail.yourdomain.com/mddp/ are you prompted to authenticate?  If you provide credentials you should get an XML response back.  Are the requests from your browser logged in the MDDP log file, today the file should be named MDDP-2019-11-06.log?

If the MDDP service is getting requests and no activity is being logged, we need to double check the permissions the service is running as, as well as the logging configurations in the MDDP.ini file.

What user is the MDaemon configuration session running as?  Does that user have full access to the MDaemon\Logs directory including the MDDP and AutoDiscover log files?

In IIS, what application pool is the MDDP service using and what user is that application pool running as?

So far I have been unable to reproduce the issue you are describing unless the log files do not exist or if they exist they have no content.  When I started testing this morning, there was no MDDP log or AutoDiscover log on disk.  I accessed our MDDP server and a log file named MDDP-2019-11-06.log was created and the activity was logged in the file.  In the MDaemon configuration session I went to Plugins / MDaemon Discovery Protocol, and the log file content was displayed.  I then went to https://mail.mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml with my browser and the AutoDiscover log was created with AutoDiscover-2019-11-06.log as the name.  In the configuration session when I went to Plugins / AutoDiscover the content of the log file was displayed.

Can you send me a copy of your Autodiscover and MDDP log files, if they exists, along with a a copy of the MDDP.ini and AutoDiscover.ini files from the MDaemon\Data\ directory?  Can you also send me screen shots of the security that the MDaemon\Logs directory is setup with?  To get this go to the MDaemon\Logs directory, right click and select properties.  Then click the Security tab, I’d like to see every user that has been granted access along with the permissions each user has setup.

Please send all this information to me privately, do not post it to the list.

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com