Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > SPF and SRS: Sender Rewriting Scheme

Matthew Ogden

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: Matthew Ogden

SPF and SRS: Sender Rewriting Scheme - 09:45pm Mar 16, 2016 CDT - Hi

Wont that just mean the from address will be set to the local address.

So if outside user (jill@outsider.com) sends to John@domain.com, and
thats an alias for John@anotherdomain.com, then then when the email
arrives in John@anotherdomain.com, it will show as though its from
John@domain.com instead of jill@outsider.com?

Jay Tolbert wrote:
> I don't know if it's an SRS implementation but does Security -> Security
> Settings, Sender Authentication -> SPF Verification, check "Use local
> address in SMTP envelope when formwarding messages" work for you?..

SPF and SRS: Sender Rewriting Scheme - 09:40pm Sep 30, 2016 CDT - http://www.openspf.org/SRS

Is there a away to implement this in MDaemon?

As the uptake of SPF is more prominent, forwarding of mail is becoming
pretty difficult in MDaemon

Kind Regards

DNSBL has a failed entry, but MDSpamD shows no evidence of MDAEMON_DNSBL - 10:42am Feb 25, 2016 CDT - Hi

They are on their way, as two seperate emails (zips renamed to zap).

Kind Regards

Arron Caruth wrote:
> The extra blank lines must have just been formatting issues as they are not in the message files you sent me.
>
> Can you zip your entire MDaemon\app directory and also send me inbound SMTP logs that show these messages being accepted?..

DNSBL has a failed entry, but MDSpamD shows no evidence of MDAEMON_DNSBL - 10:35am Feb 25, 2016 CDT - Hi

Arron Caruth wrote:
> The extra blank lines must have just been formatting issues as they are not in the message files you sent me.
>
> Can you zip your entire MDaemon\app directory and also send me inbound SMTP logs that show these messages being accepted?..

DNSBL has a failed entry, but MDSpamD shows no evidence of MDAEMON_DNSBL - 06:19am Feb 25, 2016 CDT - Thanks

I unfortunately do not have the original .msg file, because this is
forwarded onto another mailbox.

However I've sent it from their mail, which is the same message but with
the forwarded logs on it.

(The files have been sent to your email now)

Arron Caruth wrote:
> There are some blank lines in the headers, this could be the cause of the issue as a blank line indicates the end of the headers and the beginning of the message body or it could just be a formatting issue...

OK

You are visiting as a Guest user.