Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Virtru details (encryption)

Alex H

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: Alex H

Dynamic Screening not always freezing accounts when it should? - 08:26am Jun 7, 2017 CDT -

The server seems to strip my images, so here is the settings screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/db2eC

-- Alex

On 07-Jun-17 21:23, Alex wrote:
> Here's the missing screenshot:
>

> On 07-Jun-17 21:21, Alex wrote:
>> I have had a frozen account today after 10 failed authentication
>> attempts.
>>
>> The dynamic screening system sent an email to postmaster which read
>> as follows:
>>
>> Authentication Failures
>> user@example.com - User Name
>> IP Date Protocol Logon Used Notes
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 4:44:28 AM IMAP user@example.com
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 6:22:21 AM IMAP user@example.com
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 7:58:40 AM IMAP user@example.com
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 11:11:25 AM IMAP user@example.com
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 12:47:05 PM IMAP user@example.com
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 2:23:09 PM IMAP user@example.com
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 5:36:14 PM IMAP user@example.com
>> 78.90.83.222 6/7/2017 6:26:51 PM SMTP user@example.com
>> 91.195.103.44 6/7/2017 6:29:29 PM IMAP user@example.com
>> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 7:12:14 PM IMAP user@example.com
>>
>> Dynamic screening is set to freeze accounts after 10 failures. See
>> also the attached settings screenshot...

Dynamic Screening not always freezing accounts when it should? - 08:23am Jun 7, 2017 CDT - Here's the missing screenshot:

On 07-Jun-17 21:21, Alex wrote:
> I have had a frozen account today after 10 failed authentication
> attempts.
>
> The dynamic screening system sent an email to postmaster which read as
> follows:
>
> Authentication Failures
> user@example.com - User Name
> IP Date Protocol Logon Used Notes
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 4:44:28 AM IMAP user@example.com
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 6:22:21 AM IMAP user@example.com
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 7:58:40 AM IMAP user@example.com
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 11:11:25 AM IMAP user@example.com
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 12:47:05 PM IMAP user@example.com
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 2:23:09 PM IMAP user@example.com
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 5:36:14 PM IMAP user@example.com
> 78.90.83.222 6/7/2017 6:26:51 PM SMTP user@example.com
> 91.195.103.44 6/7/2017 6:29:29 PM IMAP user@example.com
> 5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 7:12:14 PM IMAP user@example.com
>
> Dynamic screening is set to freeze accounts after 10 failures. See
> also the attached settings screenshot...

Dynamic Screening not always freezing accounts when it should? - 09:48am Jun 7, 2017 CDT - I have had a frozen account today after 10 failed authentication attempts.

The dynamic screening system sent an email to postmaster which read as
follows:

Authentication Failures
user@example.com - User Name
IP Date Protocol Logon Used Notes
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 4:44:28 AM IMAP user@example.com
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 6:22:21 AM IMAP user@example.com
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 7:58:40 AM IMAP user@example.com
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 11:11:25 AM IMAP user@example.com
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 12:47:05 PM IMAP user@example.com
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 2:23:09 PM IMAP user@example.com
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 5:36:14 PM IMAP user@example.com
78.90.83.222 6/7/2017 6:26:51 PM SMTP user@example.com
91.195.103.44 6/7/2017 6:29:29 PM IMAP user@example.com
5.188.11.11 6/7/2017 7:12:14 PM IMAP user@example.com

Dynamic screening is set to freeze accounts after 10 failures. See also
the attached settings screenshot...

Security Plus, does it work? - 01:20am May 24, 2017 CDT -

I am using Security Plus (and also Outlook Connector).

Keep in mind that it does check emails only when they arrive at the mail
server, it does not scan mails that already exist in user mailboxes (old
emails).

Also, if a virus is brand new and not yet known to the virus definition
database, or the update interval is set to too long to get new virus
definitions, viruses might slip through unrecognized and end up sitting
in user mailboxes...

Let's Encrypt w/ MD - General SSL Question - 07:39am May 24, 2017 CDT - I am currently using an SSL certificate from RapidSSL for mail.domain.com.

I understand MD supports Let's Encrypt. I have no experience with it...

OK

You are visiting as a Guest user.