Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Deleting Duplicate Email in Public Folders

Arron Caruth

Send email to arron.caruth@altn.com

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: Arron Caruth

Location screening self help tool - 07:23am Oct 20, 2017 CDT -

We are investigating some ways that Location screening could be bypassed, for example, if two factor authentication is being used.  I’m not sure a self-help tool is appropriate but we’ll take a look at it.

Thank you both for your feedback.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

From: "b.goedhart@iu.nl -- Benno Goedhart" <b.goedhart@iu.nl>
To: md-support@altn.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:54:37 +0200

Hi,

We sent out a mailing yesterday to our customers about what they think about location screening. We received some
positive responses. But also some concerns, like when they go on holiday or a business trip in countries we were
planning to block...

Active Directory Authetication - 08:00am Oct 19, 2017 CDT -

We are using Windows API calls to validate the password with Active Directory

I’d start by checking the Windows Event Viewer to see why the requests are failing.  You should see the requests in the Security Log of the Windows Event Viewer. You should see each logon event and if the logon failed it should provide failure information similar to the following:

Failure Information:

                Failure Reason:                      Unknown user name or bad password.

                Sub Status:                             0xc000006a