Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in > Older MDaemon antivirus install

Michael Chester

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: Michael Chester

Older MDaemon antivirus install - 05:42pm Sep 13, 2018 CDT - On 9/13/2018 5:41 PM, MEC2 wrote:

> Had a client who needed to do a system restore, got MDaemon back but
> needed to install Security Plus again - alas, the older versions do not
> appear available, only 5.5 and later. Downloaded 5.5 and it installed,
> but 13.0.9 wants to activate, and apparently, it no longer activates,
> because it won't automatically and the web page for manual activation
> says no dice. I'd be happy putting an older version (I think they had
> 4.1.5) on but that is no longer available for download apparently...

Older MDaemon antivirus install - 07:55am Sep 14, 2018 CDT -

Had a client who needed to do a system restore, got MDaemon back but
needed to install Security Plus again - alas, the older versions do not
appear available, only 5.5 and later. Downloaded 5.5 and it installed,
but 13.0.9 wants to activate, and apparently, it no longer activates,
because it won't automatically and the web page for manual activation
says no dice. I'd be happy putting an older version (I think they had
4.1.5) on but that is no longer available for download apparently...

Odd inbound issue - 05:49pm Apr 5, 2018 CDT -

AND I just found it... due to an unruly local app we've had to setup
some mail relating using aliases of outside email addresses to an
internal mail address, and IP Shield was seeing the email alias, and
thinking it can only be sent to from addresses in the IP Shield settings.

Okay, that was a tough one...

Odd inbound issue - 05:49pm Apr 5, 2018 CDT -
See below - can't determine the reason this mail, from a known good
sender using google.com, is getting this message. Any ideas?

Thu 2018-04-05 16:48:54: 02: <-- MAIL FROM:<de@tad.blah> SIZE=13564
Thu 2018-04-05 16:48:54: 05: Performing PTR lookup
(53.82.125.74.IN-ADDR.ARPA)
Thu 2018-04-05 16:48:54: 05: * D=53.82.125.74.IN-ADDR.ARPA TTL=(1440)
PTR=[mail-wm0-f53.google.com]
Thu 2018-04-05 16:48:54: 05: * Gathering A records...

Outbreak Protection - again - 04:03pm Oct 16, 2017 CDT -

Is there a size limit that prevents Outbreak Protection from scanning an
email? Had a report from a client of a spam outbreak and I checked the
logs, and there was a sizable number of larger 200k-1M messages that
were clearly junk that came through in a brief cluster of time, I
noticed in the log that none of them show they were run through Outbreak
Protection. Right in the middle of this were two emails 19k and 55k
which DO show they were scanned by Outbreak Protection, so I don't think
this was an availability issue...

OK

You are visiting as a Guest user.