Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon API > API issue with autoresponder times

Jay Tolbert

Send email to altnnews@dei-pe.com

Which Alt-N products do you use?

Most recent posts: Jay Tolbert

After Migration no connection on outlook via port 25 - 04:43pm Nov 9, 2021 CDT - If you are getting that AUTH line, I would think older hardware should
be able to authenticate.

If you get If you can find one, can you post up the SMTP transaction for
one of the failures?

This wikipedia article
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMTP_Authentication) has a list of some
of the authentication options.  If it is older equipment you are
connecting from I would expect it to use PLAIN or LOGIN for the
authentication.  Do you know what authentication methods the 'old crap
services' can use?..

After Migration no connection on outlook via port 25 - 05:21pm Nov 8, 2021 CDT - First, look at the Mail -> SMTP(in) screen in the configuration session
(GUI application).  See what the log shows MDaemon is sending in
response to an EHLO command.  Do any of the 250 response lines have AUTH
followed by a bunch of methods.  For example:

--> 250-AUTH LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN

If not check that you don't have Security -> Security Manager, Sender
Authentication -> SMTP Authentication "Do not allow authentication on
the SMTP port" checked.

Second, in the list of 250 responses to an EHLO command does a line
appear about location screening?  Form example:

Location Screening hiding AUTH from country United States, North America

If so go to Security -> Security Manager, Screening -> Location
Screening check that you don't have it enabled, "SMTP connections are
accepted but authentication is blocked" checked and have your connecting
country checked on the list.

Third, if you get an AUTH response but it only contains CRAM-MD5 and the
client you are using doesn't support that, go to Setup -> Server
Settings, Servers & Delivery -> Servers and see if "Allow plain text
passwords" is unchecked.  That stops the insecure password methods PLAIN
and LOGIN being used on an insecure connection...

API issue with autoresponder times - 03:42pm Jun 14, 2021 CDT - It didn't like my image from WC.  The settings I have are:

check Enable autoresponder
check Only send during this time range:
 From 06/11/2021 11:00 AM
Until: 06/11/2021 11:42 AM

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 6/14/2021 3:40 PM, Jay Tolbert wrote:
> I believe I have uncovered a bug in the XML API or perhaps MDaemon/WC.
> I am running MD 21.0.2...

API issue with autoresponder times - 10:55am Jun 15, 2021 CDT - I believe I have uncovered a bug in the XML API or perhaps MDaemon/WC. I
am running MD 21.0.2. I have a program that uses the XML API to gather
the out of office [OOF] information to see which autoresponders are
currently active...

Migration to new server with fresh install - 11:30am Mar 12, 2020 CDT - Mailing lists and their settings are stored as .grp files in the form
list@domain.grp in the MDaemon\App directory.  Probably can just copy
them to your new server as is.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 3/11/2020 10:14 AM, Dan Peek wrote:
> David, Thank you for the excellent instructions!..

OK

You are visiting as a Guest user.