Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > migrate mail server from corrupt VHDX

migrate mail server from corrupt VHDX

[Karpas, Andrius]
Andrius Karpas
Andrius Karpas - 05:04pm, Nov 5 2021

VHDX got corrupt where the Mdaemon server was installed, we managed to get out the full MDaemon server main folder with all items in, and looks data is ok. Question! as we have no ability to stop service and to deactivate the license so if we move the recovered Mdaemon to a new server on the same drive path and run the install package over it would it work? or we are f....... and need to go a different way to get service back on the new server?

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Rob Deal (apparently) - Nov 5, 2021 5:26 pm (#2 Total: 2)

Rob Deal
Yes move to another server with the same drive letter and path.

Run the installer pointing to this location and you should be all good.

If the activation doesn’t play fair then contact Alt-N to release your current activation.

Regards,

Rob Deal

Sent from my iPad

VHDX got corrupt where the Mdaemon server was installed, we managed to get out the full MDaemon server main folder with all items in, and looks data is ok. Question! as we have no ability to stop service and to deactivate the license so if we move the recovered Mdaemon to a new server on the same drive path and run the install package over it would it work? or we are f....... and need to go a different way to get service back on the new server?

View/reply at migrate mail server from corrupt VHDX

discuss-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .