Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > Archive > Unable to configure ActiveSync/Exchange account on Outlook 2019

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  / Archive  /

Unable to configure ActiveSync/Exchange account on Outlook 2019

[Nosa, Lore]
Lore Nosa
Lore Nosa - 02:03pm, Dec 8 2019

Hi,
I have Mdaemon 19.5.1 with ActiveSync, and Autodiscovery set up.
On Windows 10, Outlook 2019 version 1808 I was able to correctly setup an account by simply entering email address and password, and the account was immediately configured as an Exchange account.
I recently unistalled that version of Outlook to upgrade to Outlook 2019 version 1910 (build number starting with 12130).
Now, It is IMPOSSIBLE to add an Exchange account. I am stuck in the initial configuration wizard. Neither exchange nor Exchange 2013 account types work, nor I am allowed to manually input server details.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks!!
Lore

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Dec 9, 2019 9:43 am (#1 Total: 15)

Hello,

There are a couple of things to check.  First, some versions of Outlook no longer allow you to easily manually configure an account.  It expects that you have autodiscover configured.  If you don’t have autodiscover configured then you have to change configurations in order to get Outlook to allow you to manually configure an account.  Here is some information from Microsoft about how to use the advanced configurations to configure your account.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-an-email-account-using-advanced-setup-560a9065-3c3a-4ec5-a24f-cdb9a8d622a2

Here are instructions on how to turn off the simplified version of the account creation wizard.

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/disable-outlooks-account-wizard/

The second thing I would check is to verify your SSL certificate.  Outlook requires SSL in order to connect and if you are using a self signed certificate then you must configure it as a trusted certificate on your client machine.

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

I have Mdaemon 19.5.1 with ActiveSync, and Autodiscovery set up.
On Windows 10, Outlook 2019 version 1808 I was able to correctly setup an account by simply entering email address and password, and the account was immediately configured as an Exchange account.
I recently unistalled that version of Outlook to upgrade to Outlook 2019 version 1910 (build number starting with 12130).
Now, It is IMPOSSIBLE to add an Exchange account. I am stuck in the initial configuration wizard. Neither exchange nor Exchange 2013 account types work, nor I am allowed to manually input server details.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks!!
Lore

View/reply at Unable to configure ActiveSync/Exchange account on Outlook 2019

This list is for questions and discussions regarding issues with MDAEMON.
md-issues-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .