Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > Archive > v19.5 - Web Service Access not retaining settings

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  / Archive  /

v19.5 - Web Service Access not retaining settings

Hi everyone

Since upgrade to v19.5 I'm seeing this odd behavior of Account / Web
Service Access settings. I'm making a lot of account reconfigurations
(we are transitioning from PST storage to MDaemonConnector) and need Web
Access for verification. At least 50% of times I login to webmail I get
"your account has been disabled" although I've enabled access few
seconds ago.

Even if I try editing USERLIST.DAT (followed by userlistdat.sem), these
rights get messed up little later. Also, this happens no matter if
changes were made via MDaemon itself or RemoteAdministration.

I'm not sure if any other (account) setting behaves like this, but I
think I've noticed users POP3 service checked on some time after I
disable it for the new MC account.

Anyone else seeing this?

Regards

Tyler Davis - Nov 4, 2019 9:00 am (#1 Total: 4)

Alt-N Technical Support

Photo of Author
Tyler Davis
Frequent
Frequent

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
Are you using Active Directory for account monitoring and/or are account being moved or deleted/re-created in Active Directory? MDaemon, by default, will disable accounts when removed in Active Directory when enabled.

http://help.altn.com/mdaemon/en/index.html?active-directory_monitoring.htm

Accounts can also be disabled in MDaemon if licensing between MDaemon and MDaemon Antivirus does not match. Are you running the MDaemon Antivirus? If so, select Help / Register Your MDaemon Software to verify if the license sizes match.

--
Tyler Davis
MDaemon Technologies

support and discussion. MDaemon staff members may participate in the

Aleksandar Devecerski - Nov 4, 2019 12:47 pm (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
Active Directory for account monitoring ? No
License size mismatch? No.

We have situation where single user needs from 2 up to 5 addresses. And
the ability to respond from the address which received the
correspondence. So, 2 to 5 accounts: UserA@domain1.com,
UserA@domain2.com,... UserA@domain5.com. Reorganization of this concept
coincided with transfer to Connector so there are fewer domains now and
they are being fused to max 2 accounts per user, so for example
UserA@domain1.com and UserA@domain2.com have the same mail folder but,
of course, no MC account for @domain2.com address (in order to gradually
obsolete domain2).

As it turns out you can not grant UserA@domain1.com web access and deny
it to UserA@domain2.com. Both are either granted or denied.

You can disable all of the mail services to UserA@domain2.com and allow
any or all of them to UserA@domain1.com, but webmail setting has to be
identical.

Is that by design or...?

Thanks Tyler

On 04.11.2019. 15:00, Tyler Davis wrote:
> Are you using Active Directory for account monitoring and/or are account
> being moved or deleted/re-created in Active Directory? MDaemon, by
> default, will disable accounts when removed in Active Directory when
> enabled.
>
> http://help.altn.com/mdaemon/en/index.html?active-directory_monitoring.htm
>
> Accounts can also be disabled in MDaemon if licensing between MDaemon
> and MDaemon Antivirus does not match. Are you running the MDaemon
> Antivirus? If so, select Help / Register Your MDaemon Software to verify
> if the license sizes match.
>
> --
> Tyler Davis
> MDaemon Technologies
> https://www.mdaemon.com

> These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user
> support and discussion. MDaemon staff members may participate in the
> forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
> method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
> support please use the form here:
> http://www.altn.com/Support/RequestSupport/

Tyler Davis - Nov 6, 2019 2:18 pm (#3 Total: 4)

Alt-N Technical Support

Photo of Author
Tyler Davis
Frequent
Frequent

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
Does this have anything to do with the disabled accounts or is this another issue? If you can find a way to reproduce the account being disabled, perhaps we can get a better idea of what's occurring.

In your response, are you referring to account aliases?

http://help.altn.com/mdaemon/en/index.html?alias_aliases.htm

If UserA@domain1.com has an alias called UserA@domain2.com, either of these addresses will be able to login to webmail. If you disable account features for UserA@domain1.com, then the same is applied to UserA@domain2.com. By design UserA@domain1.com and UserA@domain2.com are the same account, they just have different names.

--
Tyler Davis
MDaemon Technologies
https://www.mdaemon.com

support and discussion. MDaemon staff members may participate in the

Aleksandar Devecerski - Nov 6, 2019 2:37 pm (#4 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
It is our way of having a step between multiple separate accounts and
single account. It doesn't have anything to do with disabled accounts or
aliases. These are (for example) 2 accounts sharing same mail folder.

Web access setting has to be the same for both accounts, but mail
services cab be configured differently.

It doesn't matter, now I know how is this working

Thanks Tyler