Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Mobile Outlook and ActiveSync

Mobile Outlook and ActiveSync

Hello

I'm unable to setup MS Outlook on Android device(s) to connect to my
MDaemon server, using Exchange access.
ActiveSync is enabled, I can use ActiveSync/Exchange setup with other
clients, but not with Outlook. I'm aware of the fact that mobile Outlook
does not connect directly to configured server, so for testing purposes
I've disabled Location Screening. That way I am able to get IMAP access
to work (incoming connections are from US/Canada/Ireland IP address ranges).

But with Exchange, no matter what I do, I get "Login Error - The
connection to your mail server timed out. Please check your mail settings".
Configuration is, as far as I can see, straightforward. The only setting
I'm not sure about is domain\username.
I have tried:
    username,
    \username,
    domain.com\username,
    username@domain.com,
    \username@domain.com,
    domain.com\username@domain.com,...
no luck.

Maybe there is some additional port that should be configured at the
firewall?

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - Oct 18, 2019 8:16 am (#2 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
Novice
Novice

Hello Jared

 > Please answer all of these questions off-list:
Reply sent

Thank you