Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Mobile Outlook and ActiveSync

Mobile Outlook and ActiveSync

Hello

I'm unable to setup MS Outlook on Android device(s) to connect to my
MDaemon server, using Exchange access.
ActiveSync is enabled, I can use ActiveSync/Exchange setup with other
clients, but not with Outlook. I'm aware of the fact that mobile Outlook
does not connect directly to configured server, so for testing purposes
I've disabled Location Screening. That way I am able to get IMAP access
to work (incoming connections are from US/Canada/Ireland IP address ranges).

But with Exchange, no matter what I do, I get "Login Error - The
connection to your mail server timed out. Please check your mail settings".
Configuration is, as far as I can see, straightforward. The only setting
I'm not sure about is domain\username.
I have tried:
    username,
    \username,
    domain.com\username,
    username@domain.com,
    \username@domain.com,
    domain.com\username@domain.com,...
no luck.

Maybe there is some additional port that should be configured at the
firewall?

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Jared Charles (apparently) - Oct 17, 2019 3:46 pm (#1 Total: 2)

Jared Charles

Hello Aleksandar,

Please answer all of these questions off-list:

Are you able to set up that account successfully when using the stock mail application found on the affected Android device?

When you set up the account, are you enabling SSL?
If so, did you set it to accept the certificate regardless whether it is invalid?

What is the host name of your server that you are entering when setting up that account?

If you set up a new test account on that device, are you able to complete the setup successfully?

Could you provide me with access to a test account so that I can test this on one of my Android devices?

Please enable ActiveSync debug logging on your MDaemon server using these steps:
1. In MDaemon, click Setup | Mobile Device Management | ActiveSync
2. Enable "Enable advanced management options" and then click "Ok".
3. Click Setup | Mobile Device Management | ActiveSync for MDaemon | Diagnostics
4. Under "Logging and Archiving" change the "Log level" drop-down box to "Debug".
5. Click "Ok".

After enabling the debug logging, try reproducing the problem again.  Afterward, please send me a copy of the \MDaemon\Logs\AirSync.log file that was generated on that day.

When sending your answers, please compress that “AirSync.log” file into a ZIP file and then send it off-list to this address:
support@help.mdaemon.com

Use the following as the Subject of your message:
[md-support] Mobile Outlook and ActiveSync

Regards,
--
Jared Charles
Technical Application Support

U.S. Toll Free: 866-601-2586
International: 817-601-3222

Visit us at
MDaemon.com and on Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube