Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Outlook Connector Discussion Groups > Outlook Connector Support > Data export outlook.pst -> Connector

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / Outlook Connector Discussion Groups  / Outlook Connector Support  /

Data export outlook.pst -> Connector

Hello

In the following weeks I will be reconfiguring approx 150 existing user
accounts from POP/IMAP to MDaemon Connector.
To test this, I've already converted 5 users, some of them with multiple
accounts.
I was wondering if there is a way to streamline the process?

What I'm doing now is:
- make changes to MDaemon server/accounts (different folder)
- delete existing account(s) in Outlook
- add Connector account(s)
- move messages/contacts/tasks from outlook.pst to Connector storage
(drag&drop everything from Inbox to new Inbox, then Sent Items,...)
- disconnect outlook.pst

My typical user has 1 Gb outlook.pst with 20 or so thousand messages,
couple hundred contacts and 50 tasks.
Moving this much messages takes couple of hours at least and tasks have
to be moved one by one.
At that speed, it will take me a day per user.

Is there a quicker way to accomplish this?

Thank you

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - Aug 12, 2019 12:51 pm (#2 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
Thanks Arron
I will definitely check PST to EML converter.
But will it do the job? I kind of remember, in one of my test attempts I
copied exported messages without MRK files and got all of the messages
with the current date (although I could see correct date in the message
itself).

Regards

On 12.08.2019. 15:22, Arron Caruth (Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com) wrote:
> For any accounts that are already using IMAP, you shouldn't have to move the email. The email should already exist on the server. You will still need to move calendar events, contacts, tasks, and notes since they are only stored locally in Outlook when you are using an IMAP account.
>
> For the POP accounts, you could use a PST to EML converter to convert email to the correct format. In order for MDaemon to recognize the messages you'll need to rename the files to md#########.msg, where each # is a digit.
>
> You'll still need to copy the PIM data. For this you could use an Outlook macro to copy PIM data from one account to another. I used to have a macro to do this but I can't find it now.
>
> If you have an archiving solution, another option might be to export the messages from your archiving solution into the correct format for MDaemon.
>
> --
> Arron Caruth
> Director of Product Development
> o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com
>
> MDaemon Technologies
> Simple Secure Email
> Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
> Sent using the MDaemon Email Server

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Aug 12, 2019 3:43 pm (#3 Total: 3)

You are correct, I forgot the Received column will show the Modified Date/Time of the file instead of the value from the header. You could use a script to set the modified date/time of the file to be the desired value.

I haven't wrote a script to do this but it looks to me like the hardest part would be converting the date/time from the received header to the format needed to use it to set the modified date/time.

o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

I will definitely check PST to EML converter.
But will it do the job? I kind of remember, in one of my test attempts I copied exported messages without MRK files and got all of the messages with the current date (although I could see correct date in the message itself).

Regards

On 12.08.2019. 15:22, Arron Caruth (Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com) wrote:
> For any accounts that are already using IMAP, you shouldn't have to move the email. The email should already exist on the server. You will still need to move calendar events, contacts, tasks, and notes since they are only stored locally in Outlook when you are using an IMAP account.
>
> For the POP accounts, you could use a PST to EML converter to convert email to the correct format. In order for MDaemon to recognize the messages you'll need to rename the files to md#########.msg, where each # is a digit.
>
> You'll still need to copy the PIM data. For this you could use an Outlook macro to copy PIM data from one account to another. I used to have a macro to do this but I can't find it now.
>
> If you have an archiving solution, another option might be to export the messages from your archiving solution into the correct format for MDaemon.
>
> --
> Arron Caruth
> Director of Product Development
> o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com
>
> MDaemon Technologies
> Simple Secure Email
> Visit us on www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube Sent using
> the MDaemon Email Server

These forums are provided by MDaemon Technologies for user-to-user support and discussion. MDaemon staff members may participate in the forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical support please use the form here:

support and discussion. MDaemon staff members may participate in the