Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > mdeamon doesnt receive emails from wordpress website smtp

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  /

mdeamon doesnt receive emails from wordpress website smtp

[Karpas, Andrius]
Andrius Karpas
Andrius Karpas - 11:28am, Jan 28 2019

so basically funny problem, we have set up several emails to be used on the websites on contact from page. Emails are working fine if to email them directly.
People those have created websites told us emails are not working , they did their test with gmail emails all works fine.
From the logs on website hosting smtp server by admins we were told emails are getting bounced, but we cant find anything on mdeamon server log that emails were trying to reach server.
The funnies log from snmp server on hostinf was "From the SMTP server support team - "The email was not delivered because the recipient server has determined that this email has not been seen in the configuration provided (most often the combination of IP, From Email Address and Recipient Email Address - known as a "triplet") and has temporary rejected the email knowing that valid email will typically be retried. Emails in this category are rescheduled automatically."

As I understand its something about greylisting but this feature is disabled on out mdeamon server.
Could anyone help or advise how to fix or how to deal with it to resolve it.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Jay Tolbert - Jan 29, 2019 10:35 am (#1 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

I'd first see if the people that gave you the errors can tell you what
IP the rejection came from and verify that it isn't your IP. Then figure
out why the hostname they are using for SMTP sending isn't resolving  to
where you want it to go.  If it is your IP, the MDaemon logs should show
a transaction.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 1/28/2019 10:28 AM, Andrius Karpas wrote:
> so basically funny problem, we have set up several emails to be used
> on the websites on contact from page. Emails are working fine if to
> email them directly.
> People those have created websites told us emails are not working ,
> they did their test with gmail emails all works fine.
> From the logs on website hosting smtp server by admins we were told
> emails are getting bounced, but we cant find anything on mdeamon
> server log that emails were trying to reach server.
> The funnies log from snmp server on hostinf was "From the SMTP server
> support team - "The email was not delivered because the recipient
> server has determined that this email has not been seen in the
> configuration provided (most often the combination of IP, From Email
> Address and Recipient Email Address - known as a "triplet") and has
> temporary rejected the email knowing that valid email will typically
> be retried. Emails in this category are rescheduled automatically."
>
> As I understand its something about greylisting but this feature is
> disabled on out mdeamon server.
> Could anyone help or advise how to fix or how to deal with it to
> resolve it.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!!!

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Jan 28, 2019 4:04 pm (#2 Total: 3)

If you can get access to the logs from wordpress, I’d start by verifying that it is sending to the server you are expecting it to.

If you know the IP address of the sending server, check the MDaemon logs for the IP, especially the Screening, DynScrn, system, and inbound SMTP logs.  MDaemon could be blocking the connection in which case it might not show up in the inbound SMTP log.

Also, if you have a backup MX record, check the logs of the server the backup mx record is pointing to, to make sure they are not trying to send to it.

o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

so basically funny problem, we have set up several emails to be used on the websites on contact from page. Emails are working fine if to email them directly.
People those have created websites told us emails are not working , they did their test with gmail emails all works fine.
From the logs on website hosting smtp server by admins we were told emails are getting bounced, but we cant find anything on mdeamon server log that emails were trying to reach server.
The funnies log from snmp server on hostinf was "From the SMTP server support team - "The email was not delivered because the recipient server has determined that this email has not been seen in the configuration provided (most often the combination of IP, From Email Address and Recipient Email Address - known as a "triplet") and has temporary rejected the email knowing that valid email will typically be retried. Emails in this category are rescheduled automatically."

As I understand its something about greylisting but this feature is disabled on out mdeamon server.
Could anyone help or advise how to fix or how to deal with it to resolve it.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

View/reply at mdeamon doesnt receive emails from wordpress website smtp

This list is for questions and discussions regarding issues with MDAEMON.
md-issues-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .