Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Mdeamon transfer to new Server

Mdeamon transfer to new Server

[Karpas, Andrius]
Andrius Karpas
Andrius Karpas - 03:07am, Aug 16 2018

Hello it's me again
This time i want to discuss about mdeamon transfer to new server. I got to read papers i know i have to take away service i have deactivate mdeamon along with security and then to copy entire Mdeamon structure to new server to the identical location. My problem is that following those steps the downtime of the mail server will be too long as we gave around 300Gb on user folder.
Is where a way to speed it up, let say what if i copy all to new server without stopping service and deactivating software, so that i have copy on new server and those deactivations and reactivations will take a couple of min, or its not going to work and i have to proceed the proper recommended steps.
Your help is much appreciated.

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Aug 16, 2018 7:16 am (#1 Total: 6)

My recommendation would be to use a tool that has the ability to mirror a directory structure, such as RoboCopy, to copy the data from one server to the other.

Here are the basic steps:

-While MDaemon is running mirror the MDaemon\Users, MDaemon\Gateways, and MDaemon\Public Folders\ directory structure to the new server.

-When you are ready to make the move, copy the rest of the MDaemon data structure to the new server.  You may want to exclude the MDaemon\Backup directory if its taking up a lot of space.

-Deactivate and shut down MDaemon on the current server  (it is important to shut down MDaemon before the next step so that files will no longer be getting changed on the server)

- Run the mirror again.  This will update any files that have been moved, deleted, added, since the last time the mirror ran. (It should run much faster this time, assuming that not much has changed since the first run of the mirror.)

- When the mirror completes run the MDaemon install on the new server and then start MDaemon.

I hope that helps.

o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

This time i want to discuss about mdeamon transfer to new server. I got to read papers i know i have to take away service i have deactivate mdeamon along with security and then to copy entire Mdeamon structure to new server to the identical location. My problem is that following those steps the downtime of the mail server will be too long as we gave around 300Gb on user folder.
Is where a way to speed it up, let say what if i copy all to new server without stopping service and deactivating software, so that i have copy on new server and those deactivations and reactivations will take a couple of min, or its not going to work and i have to proceed the proper recommended steps.
Your help is much appreciated.

View/reply at Mdeamon transfer to new Server

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

Replies to this message
  • Andrius Karpas (Aug 16, 2018 8:04 am)

  • Andrius Karpas - Aug 16, 2018 8:04 am (#2 Total: 6)

    Photo of Author
    Andrius Karpas
    Replying to: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com (Aug 16, 2018 7:16 am)
    My recommendation would be to use a tool that has the ability to mirror a directory structure, such as RoboCopy,...

    Thank you kindly i'll take a look into your recommendations

    Andrius Karpas - Aug 16, 2018 8:10 am (#3 Total: 6)

    Photo of Author
    Andrius Karpas
    you might have robocopy script that will mirror and monitor for the changes and will run itself to synch changes?

      (newer msg:3)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items