Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > MDaemon & WorldClient SSL certificate

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

MDaemon & WorldClient SSL certificate

[kwfoo@hovid.com]
kwfoo@hovid.com
Novice
Novice
kwfoo@hovid.com - 02:50am, Dec 5 2017

Hi,
All the while we are using different sub-domain to access IMAP/POP/SMTP and WorldClient.

eg:

mdaemon.example.com - IMAP/POP/SMTP
worldclient.example.com - WorldClient

Recently we are trying to implement SSL and purchase 2 certificates same as above and assign to MDaemon & WorldClient separately.

We are now able to access https for WorldClient, but have issue where receive invalid certificate when configuring android phone using IMAP with SSL. Funny is there is no problem when using iOS.

When using ActiveSync, it can work with worldclient.example.com but not mdaemon.example.com.

Please advice.

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Dec 6, 2017 12:57 pm (#1 Total: 3)

Administrator
Administrator

What is the error message you get on the Android device when trying to access the IMAP server using mdaemon.example.com?

There are a number of reasons a certificate can be considered invalid.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

All the while we are using different sub-domain to access IMAP/POP/SMTP and WorldClient.

eg:

mdaemon.example.com - IMAP/POP/SMTP
worldclient.example.com - WorldClient

Recently we are trying to implement SSL and purchase 2 certificates same as above and assign to MDaemon & WorldClient separately.

We are now able to access https for WorldClient, but have issue where receive invalid certificate when configuring android phone using IMAP with SSL. Funny is there is no problem when using iOS.

When using ActiveSync, it can work with worldclient.example.com but not mdaemon.example.com.

Please advice.

View/reply at MDaemon & WorldClient SSL certificate

This list is for questions about the configuration of MDAEMON. To
unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-configuration-unsubscribe@altn.com .