Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Upgrade to 17.5.0 was a disaster

Upgrade to 17.5.0 was a disaster

I'm not sure how many of you guys have already upgraded. We tried to go from v16.5 to v17.5. We were quickly back to v16.5.

Not only that MD became unavailable every half hour or so, the worst thing was that there were users that saw other (totally unrelated) users' mailbox contents. Since then the admins have the security guys up their a** which is not funny.

That alone would be a reason to dump this product.

Sorry I'm not amused, and I'd like everyone to know.

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

J-M Roth - Oct 19, 2017 10:41 am (#3 Total: 7)

Photo of Author
J-M Roth
Hi,

Email Client is TB 45

Are you using Activesync or Outlook Connector? --) none of these

What information were they able to see, what is the users email? --) We are aware of one user who was able to see the contents of another user's "Sent" folder, while his own Inbox was unavailable somehow. I did not witness this myself, nor did they provide screenshots, but the logs make sense that something went wrong, and there were witnesses as well, who were not complete novices.

I'll send you details.

Thanks.

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Oct 20, 2017 7:25 am (#4 Total: 7)

Administrator
Administrator

Just in case other users are following this thread, we are working with the customer to investigate the issue.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

Are you using Activesync or Outlook Connector? --) none of these

What information were they able to see, what is the users email? --) We are aware of one user who was able to see the contents of another user's "Sent" folder, while his own Inbox was unavailable somehow. I did not witness this myself, nor did they provide screenshots, but the logs make sense that something went wrong, and there were witnesses as well, who were not complete novices.

I'll send you details.

Thanks.

View/reply at Upgrade to 17.5.0 was a disaster

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@altn.com .

support and discussion.  Alt-N staff members may participate in the

  (newer msg:3)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items