Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > Keep a copy of incoming SMTP

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

Keep a copy of incoming SMTP

[Walters, Shay]
Shay Walters
Frequent
Frequent
Shay Walters - 12:45pm, Sep 5 2017

I have some appliance-type accounts, for example, Building Management Systems that send out alarm notifications by SMTP. These emails are being sent through my MDaemon server. The sender authenticates the SMTP session with a valid local account and password, but the recipient usually not a local account. At present, I have no record of what emails have been processed by the system. (I can look in the logs and see that a message was processed, but nothing about the contents of the message.) Is there any way to flag an account so that MDaemon will automatically put a copy of any incoming SMTP emails into that account's "Sent Items" IMAP folder?

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Shay Walters - Sep 5, 2017 4:29 pm (#2 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
Shay Walters
Frequent
Frequent
On further testing, I found that I can archive the Outgoing messages and those do show up in the archiving folder. I don't know why it wouldn't archive when I selected Incoming. So I'm OK with what I need to accomplish, although if there is still a way to have each sender's messages saved under their Sent Items, that would be preferable.

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Sep 6, 2017 7:47 am (#3 Total: 5)

Administrator
Administrator

A content filter rule similar to the following should work for you.

[Rule003]

RuleName=New Rule #3

Enable=Yes

ThisRuleCondition=All

ProcessQueue=BOTH

Condition01=FROM|contains local account|AND|

Condition02=SUBJECT|contains|AND|Copy Me|

Action01=copy to dir|"C:\MDaemon\Users\$SENDERDOMAIN$\$SENDERMAILBOX$\Sent Items.IMAP\"

HitCount=1

To get this rule into your MDaemon go to the MDaemon\app directory and edit the cfrules.dat file with notepad.  Paste the rule at the end of the file and then edit [Rule003] to use the correct number.  The rule numbers start with 001 and the number is incremented for each rule.  It is important to set this value correctly, if you do not MDaemon will not recognize the rule.  Then save the file.  In the MDaemon UI go to Security / Content Filter, find the rule named New Rule #3 and edit it as needed.

The messages will be unread when they are placed into the user’s sent items folder.  If you’d like them to be marked as read you’ll need to edit the hiwater.mrk file and add the following in the [Settings] section:

NewMessagesAreSeen=Yes

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!