Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Duplicate incoming emails

Duplicate incoming emails

[Stephan, Stephan]
Stephan Stephan
Novice
Novice
Stephan Stephan - 11:59pm, Aug 16 2020

I use a smarthost to receive my emails and retrieve them using Mdaemon through domainpop. I have been doing this in this way for years with no issues.

Recently, I would say in the last month, although I have made NO changes to anything anywhere, emails are coming in in duplicate. Every incoming email is delivered to recipients twice.

What could be causing this, given that nothing in my configuration has changed ?

Mdaemon 19.5.3 running on a windows 10 machine (same machine it has always run on)

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Stephan Stephan - Aug 22, 2020 9:39 pm (#2 Total: 8)

Photo of Author
Stephan Stephan
Novice
Novice
I am attaching a log snippet showing one message that is being duplicated.. it seems as if domainpop is logging into the smarthost twice, milliseconds apart, possibly before the delete command can exexute on the smarthost.

You'll see that the one log in occurs at 15:12:55.341, and another at 15:12:55.339, at least thats what I think the log is showing.

Attachments:

MDaemon-2020-08-21-all DUPLICATES SECTION.log (13 KB) (164 Downloads)

Arron Caruth - Aug 24, 2020 8:44 am (#3 Total: 8)

It looks to me like the mailbox you are receiving the message from is receiving two copies of the message with the same message ID.

Do you have the option selected for Detect duplicate message using this header?

And do you have the Message-ID header selected from the drop down?

These options can be found by going to Setup / Server Settings / DomainPOP / Parsing.

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

I am attaching a log snippet showing one message that is being duplicated.. it seems as if domainpop is logging into the smarthost twice, milliseconds apart, possibly before the delete command can exexute on the smarthost.

You'll see that the one log in occurs at 15:12:55.341, and another at 15:12:55.339, at least thats what I think the log is showing.

View/reply at Duplicate incoming emails