Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Configuration > Archive > Mapping Public Document fodler

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Configuration  / Archive  /

Mapping Public Document fodler

[Rasca, Luca]
Luca Rasca
Luca Rasca - 05:15am, Mar 13 2020

Hello,
is there any way/tools to map/syncronize the "MDaemon\Public Folders\company.it.IMAP\document.imap" with a shared folder on the company server where company files/documents are stored ? I'd like to give access to those files via WorldCLient Document menu too.

Thanks
Luca

  (older msg: 3)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

alberto bergonzini - Mar 23, 2020 10:39 am (#4 Total: 5)

Photo of Author
alberto bergonz…
Hello Arron,

I had already using your last suggestion and I had created the correctly strutture (.imap and hiwater.mrk) for our public folders and documents.

Now, that the "MDaemon\Public Folders\company.it.IMAP\document.imap" contains 70723 files and 16489 folders, the access became very slow, about 6-7 minutes for logon, for attach files in compose a new email, ecc..
I think that the webmail server (i use the worldclient thema) always reads all the files and folders in the public foldes, soo it takes much more times for visualize the webpage required.

There are same tips for speed up the process?

Thank you in advance

Alberto Bergonzini

Arron Caruth - Mar 25, 2020 7:42 am (#5 Total: 5)

I’m not surprised that 70,000+ files and 16,000+ folders slows down the logon process.  Webmail is checking each folder for new content.

If you login to webmail and go to Options / Personalize and check the boxes for “Skip initial mail check” and “collapse my nested folders” does the login process speed up?

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

I had already using your last suggestion and I had created the correctly strutture (.imap and hiwater.mrk) for our public folders and documents.

Now, that the "MDaemon\Public Folders\company.it.IMAP\document.imap" contains 70723 files and 16489 folders, the access became very slow, about 6-7 minutes for logon, for attach files in compose a new email, ecc..
I think that the webmail server (i use the worldclient thema) always reads all the files and folders in the public foldes, soo it takes much more times for visualize the webpage required.

There are same tips for speed up the process?

Thank you in advance

Alberto Bergonzini

View/reply at Mapping Public Document fodler

This list is for questions about the configuration of MDAEMON. To
unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-configuration-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .