Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > Archive > Upgrade to v21.5, indexing error

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  / Archive  /

Upgrade to v21.5, indexing error

[Devecerski, Aleksandar]
Aleksandar Deve…
Aleksandar Devecerski - 03:32pm, Nov 10 2021

Hi

Just upgraded to 21.5. Everything seems to be working normally, but going through the logs I've noticed in MdMbSrch-2021-11-10.log, repeating for every newly received message, something like this

211110 212239119 D [00037FE2] 0x41522000 New Message: [deva@wbm.rs]/md5001000026663.msg
211110 212239120 I [00037FE2] 0x41522002 Indexing Message: [deva@wbm.rs]/md5001000026663.msg
211110 212239826 W [00037FE2] 0x8007000D The data is invalid.

Anyone else seeing this?

Regards

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - Nov 10, 2021 5:15 pm (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…

 > This can happen when the index is invalid, for whatever reason.
In every single folder in the mailstore? At once?

Deleted SrchIndx.Mrk/SrchData.Mrk from my inbox/deleted items folders.
Sent test message to myself from gmail, deleted it, no errors in the
log, MRK files re-created (but not the same size, new ones cover only
messages from now on, I guess).

So I need to delete ALL SrchIndx.Mrk/SrchData.Mrk files in the
mailstore, 3000+ of them?

On 10.11.2021. 22:18, Arron Caruth wrote:
> This can happen when the index is invalid, for whatever reason.
>
> MDaemon 21.5.1 flag the index and it will automatically rebuild it.  In
> MDaemon 21.5.0, you'll have to delete the index in order to have it
> recreated and all messages re-indexed.
>
> --
> *Arron Caruth*
> Vice President of Product Development
> *o*: 817-601-3222 *e*: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com
>
> *M*Daemon Technologies
> Simple Secure Email
>
> Visit us on www.mdaemon.com <www.mdaemon.com> | Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/MDaemon.Technologies/> | LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/mdaemon-technologies> | YouTube
> <https://www.youtube.com/c/MDaemonTechnologies>
> Sent using the MDaemon Email Server <http://www.mdaemon.com/>

Aleksandar Devecerski - Nov 11, 2021 7:40 am (#3 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…

Deleting MRKs did the job.
Thanks Arron

On 10.11.2021. 22:18, Arron Caruth wrote:
 > This can happen when the index is invalid, for whatever reason.
 >
 > MDaemon 21.5.1 flag the index and it will automatically rebuild it. In
 > MDaemon 21.5.0, you'll have to delete the index in order to have it
 > recreated and all messages re-indexed.
 >
 > --
 > *Arron Caruth*
 > Vice President of Product Development
 > *o*: 817-601-3222 *e*: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com
 >
 > *M*Daemon Technologies
 > Simple Secure Email
 >
 > Visit us on www.mdaemon.com <www.mdaemon.com> | Facebook
 > <https://www.facebook.com/MDaemon.Technologies/> | LinkedIn
 > <https://www.linkedin.com/company/mdaemon-technologies> | YouTube
 > <https://www.youtube.com/c/MDaemonTechnologies>
 > Sent using the MDaemon Email Server <http://www.mdaemon.com/>

Arron Caruth - Nov 11, 2021 10:54 am (#4 Total: 4)

I'm glad that deleting the MRKs fixed it for you.

Unfortunately, my information wasn't totally correct.  MDaemon 21.5.0 should automatically rebuild the indexes that are flagged as invalid the next time the folder is searched.  When the indexes are rebuilt it will re-index all files in the folder.

Deleting the MRKs doesn't cause any issues, it just forces MDaemon to rebuild all the indexes now.

Upgrading to 21.5.0 will make all the existing search indexes invalid and they will all need to be rebuilt.  So what you are seeing is expected.

At a minimum, MDaemon 21.5.1 will rebuild the indexes during the daily maintenance event or the next time the folder is searched, whichever comes first. It may also rebuild the indexes as soon as they are identified as invalid but that code is still being worked on.

Sorry for the incorrect information.

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 07:40:18 -0500, "lists-md-issues@mdaemon.com (Aleksandar Devecerski)" <lists-md-issues@mdaemon.com> wrote: