Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Issues > Archive > ActiveSync doesn't work for new accounts

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Issues  / Archive  /

ActiveSync doesn't work for new accounts

Hi everyone!

I've noticed that ActiveSync doesn't work for new accounts.

For example:
I tick "Enable ActiveSync Services for this User" and Apply settings.
User cannot connect to the server using ActiveSync and cannot see
ActiveSync Clients in Advanced Settings.

Messages user can see:
- At the top of page:
"An exception has occurred!"
- In the middle of page:
"Exception: Access denied

If this is the first time you have seen this exception, wait a moment
and try clicking the link again. If there continues to be a problem
please contact the administrator."

As an administrator I can see user's ActiveSync devices.
I haven't found anything in the logs.

What's strange:
Most of the old accounts don't have any issues.
Except one as I know.

Some information about our server:
MDaemon: 21.0.3
MDaemon ActiveSync Version: 21.0.3.6

Best regards,
Remi Turala.

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Arron Caruth - Oct 29, 2021 7:21 am (#3 Total: 3)

>>Has the user been granted access?  You can give the user access by
>>logging in as an admin and going to Main / Account Manager / Select the
>>account / Edit / Web Services, check the box for "Manage Mobile Devices"
>>Then click Save and Close.  Log back in as the user, do they still get
>>the access denied error when going to Main / My Account / ActiveSync
>>Clients?"
>That's it!
>Why it isn't enabled by default then?

You can enable it for new accounts by going to Accounts / Groups & Templates / Template Manager / New Accounts / Web Services, check the box for manage mobile devices.  Then click OK.

Any new accounts that are created should now have the ability to manage their own mobile devices.

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 09:15:00 -0500, "Arron Caruth" <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com> wrote:
Thank you for sending me the information.

Based on the snippet you found in the All log, it looks like a client is sending ActiveSync commands to the IMAP server.  I can't tell if this is the client that is having issues or not, but I would recommend checking the port configurations.  ActiveSync should be using port 80 or 443.  I can see from the log snippet the connection is using port 993.

The screenshots provided are from Remote Administration and if I'm understanding correctly, it looks like the user is unable to access their client info for ActiveSync.  Is that correct?

Has the user been granted access?  You can give the user access by logging in as an admin and going to Main / Account Manager / Select the account / Edit / Web Services, check the box for "Manage Mobile Devices"  Then click Save and Close.  Log back in as the user, do they still get the access denied error when going to Main / My Account / ActiveSync Clients?

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 07:18:37 -0500, "Arron Caruth" <Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com> wrote:
What ActiveSync client are you attempting to use?

What do the ActiveSync logs show is occurring?  Do they show the connection at all?

What webserver are you using (the built-in web server or IIS)?

Can you post a screenshot of the error the users are seeing?

From the device the user is trying to setup with ActiveSync, if you open a browser and go to https://mail.yourdomain.com/microsoft-server-activesync what do you get?