Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Including the list of members of the mailing group in the message

Including the list of members of the mailing group in the message

[Monroy, Cesar]
Cesar Monroy
Cesar Monroy - 04:03pm, Jan 20 2021

There are certain emails that need to be delivered to a group of persons that change rather frequently. Originally, we used Outlook groups and made changes in every computer. Since it seems that I am not being able to refresh the contact list of everybody by making changes at the server, I thought that I could use a distributin list for the same purpose. That way, I can change who receives emails sent to such group in shorth notice. However, my users need to know who else received the email. Is there a way to expand the list to include a footer like: "this email was sent to x.thisdomain.com; y.thisdomain.com; z.thisdomain.com and so on?

I've already tested creating contacts and groups in mdaemon in the public contacts, but when the users attempt to use any of those, the email field comes empty. If you open it in Outlook, it has the name and the email, but when expanding the group in the message in only contains semicolons...

Arron Caruth - Jan 21, 2021 1:40 pm (#1 Total: 1)

Depending on how you have Outlook configured, you may or may not be able to update contacts on the server.  If you are using the MDaemon Connector plugin in Outlook to access your MDaemon account it will sync mail, contacts, calendars notes, and tasks.  I’ve also tested to verify that creating a group contact in outlook is sync’d to webmail as a distribution list.  In addition, changes made to the distribution list are synch’d back to outlook. I also verified that after synching changes back to Outlook that I was able to compose a message to the group contact. I tested using MDaemon 21.0.0, MDaemon Connector 7.0 and Outlook 2016.  MDaemon 21.0.0 and MDaemon Connector are scheduled to be released to the public in the next couple weeks.

What version of MDaemon, MDaemon connector and Oultook are you using?

Mailing lists in MDaemon support macros, but there is not currently a macro that expands to the list of members.

One option would be to configure a footer for the list and add something like this in the footer:

“The following people received a copy of this message:

User1@domain.com

User2@domain.com

User3@domain.com

You will have to update the footer with the correct user’s each time you update the list membership.

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

[...]

View/reply at Including the list of members of the mailing group in the message

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .