Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > MDPGP

MDPGP

[Papaconstantinou, Costas]
Costas Papacons…
Costas Papaconstantinou - 05:37am, Sep 4 2020

Hello everybody,

I have upgraded our mdaemon to 20.0.1 64bit and i have enabled the encryption feature MDPGP. When a user sends an email the recipient receives an attachment signature.asc file.
Is there a way to disable this feature?

Furthermore by just enabling the MDPGP the emails sent are encrypted or do i have to install any third party application.

Thanking you in advance.

Arron Caruth - Sep 4, 2020 6:25 am (#1 Total: 2)

> I have upgraded our mdaemon to 20.0.1 64bit and i have enabled the encryption feature MDPGP. When a user sends an email the recipient receives an attachment signature.asc file.
>Is there a way to disable this feature?

Yes, Go to Security / MDPGP, uncheck the box for Sign maijl automatically if Sender’s private key is known.

> Furthermore by just enabling the MDPGP the emails sent are encrypted or do i have to install any third party application.

Under Security / MDPGP, if the option for “encrypt messages if the recipients public key is known” is selected, then MDaemon will automatically encrypt messages .  You can also manually control which messages are signed/encrypted by adding text to the message subject before sending.  All the details can be found in the MDPGP help.

http://help.altn.com/mdaemon/en/mdpgp.htm

Vice President of Product Development
o: 817-601-3222    e: Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com

Visit us on
www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
Sent using the
MDaemon Email Server

I have upgraded our mdaemon to 20.0.1 64bit and i have enabled the encryption feature MDPGP. When a user sends an email the recipient receives an attachment signature.asc file.
Is there a way to disable this feature?

Furthermore by just enabling the MDPGP the emails sent are encrypted or do i have to install any third party application.

Thanking you in advance.

View/reply at MDPGP

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

Costas Papaconstantinou - Sep 4, 2020 6:40 am (#2 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Costas Papacons…
Thank you.