Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Content Filter REGEX now case sensitive in 18.0.2

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

Content Filter REGEX now case sensitive in 18.0.2

[Clark, Chris]
Chris Clark
Chris Clark - 09:01am, Aug 10 2018

So I made a Content Filter rule to look for the regular expression in the Subject Line:

.* abc

and it found a match with 123 abc but not 123 abC

Is this a bug or is there a config setting to choose between case sensitive/insensitive?

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Chris

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Aug 10, 2018 1:12 pm (#1 Total: 3)

Are you using the test tool to verify what matches?

I just ran some tests, the testing tool is not behaving the same as the content filter when processing messages.  The test tool is case sensitive but in my tests the content filter itself is not case sensitive when processing messages.

o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

So I made a Content Filter rule to look for the regular expression in the Subject Line:

.* abc

and it found a match with 123 abc but not 123 abC

Is this a bug or is there a config setting to choose between case sensitive/insensitive?

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Chris

View/reply at Content Filter REGEX now case sensitive in 18.0.2

--MD-CFILTER---------------------------------------------------------
This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON's Content
Filter. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-cfilter-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .

Chris Clark - Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm (#2 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Chris Clark
You're right. The testing tool is case sensitive but the actual content filtering isn't.
I'm pretty sure that in previous versions of MDaemon the testing tool was also case insensitive.
Thanks for your help.

Chris

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am (#3 Total: 3)

Thanks for the report, we’ll get the testing tool fixed.