Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Extract Winmail.dat attachements

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

Extract Winmail.dat attachements

[Cole, David]
David Cole
David Cole - 09:34am, May 22 2018

Hi,

I enabled the Content Filter option in version 18.0 to extract the attachments from winmail.dat, the problem the winmail.dat remains attached to the email, so if the receiving user is using Outlook he sees each attachment twice. Is there some way to detach the winmail.dat after it is extracted?

Thanks,
David Cole

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

David Cole - May 22, 2018 11:22 am (#2 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
David Cole
Thanks, I am currently in a mixed environment, but hope to change that problem in the near futuer. Didn't think about the meeting invites. Guess will just have to wait till we get converted over to Office entirely. Would be nice to remove the Mime attachments, but I would think that would get pretty tricky as well.

Thanks for the quick reply,
Dave

Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - May 22, 2018 11:59 am (#3 Total: 3)

Hi David,

After further discussion and testing, this is a bug in MDaemon.  It should already be removing the files from the winmail.dat attachment.  We are investigating it futher to see if we can figure out why.

o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com