Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > The server refused the connection error ( outlook)

The server refused the connection error ( outlook)

[Karpas, Andrius]
Andrius Karpas
Andrius Karpas - 04:10am, Apr 9 2018

We have mdeamon server, users are imap set up on outlook, some of the users started receiving
this message "The server refused the connection error" network is ok outlook configuration is ok. Those errors pops up at random time.

Jay Tolbert - Apr 9, 2018 7:54 am (#1 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

One possibility would be you are running out of IMAP sessions.  In the
bottom right of the GUI screen is the counter for IMAP sessions "IMAP:
nn".  Compare that value against what you have configured in Setup ->
Server Settings, Sessions under "Maximum concurrent IMAP sessions".
Some clients will open multiple IMAP sessions while doing various tasks,
users typically want to connect from multiple devices (pc, tablet,
phone) and IMAP users usually stay connected so your maximum may need to
be several times your user count.  It certainly could be something else
but if the count is near the maximum it might get periodically pushed
over the limit.  MDaemon will reply with an error but Outlook may just
report it can't connect, I don't know.  If you are near the limit, just
raise it.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 4/9/2018 4:10 AM, Andrius Karpas wrote:
> We have mdeamon server, users are imap set up on outlook, some of the
> users started receiving
> this message "The server refused the connection error" network is ok
> outlook configuration is ok. Those errors pops up at random time.

Replies to this message
  • Andrius Karpas (Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am)

  • Andrius Karpas - Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am (#2 Total: 3)

    Photo of Author
    Andrius Karpas
    Replying to: Jay Tolbert (Apr 9, 2018 7:54 am)
    One possibility would be you are running out of IMAP sessions.  In the bottom right of the GUI screen...

    Thank you for clearing this up. I have set up of 130 sessions on imap and it about the same amount of sessions on real time monitoring sometimes reaching the limit so i have increased the number of limits. Thanks you Kindly.

    Arron.Caruth@mdaemon.com - Apr 9, 2018 6:19 am (#3 Total: 3)

    What version of MDaemon are you using?

    Please post a log snippet from the inbound SMTP log that shows the error occurring.  The MDaemon logs can be found in the MDaemon\Logs directory.

    o: 817-601-3222    e: arron.caruth@mdaemon.com

    Visit us on
    www.mdaemon.com | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
    Sent using the
    MDaemon Email Server

    We have mdeamon server, users are imap set up on outlook, some of the users started receiving
    this message "The server refused the connection error" network is ok outlook configuration is ok. Those errors pops up at random time.

    View/reply at The server refused the connection error ( outlook)

    products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
    discuss-unsubscribe@mdaemon.com .