Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in > What type of compress file Security Plus & Content filter scan?

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in  /

What type of compress file Security Plus & Content filter scan?

[azizan@idemitsu-ps.com.my]
azizan@idemitsu…

Outlook Connector
azizan@idemitsu-ps.com.my - 08:19pm, Jan 15 2018

Hi there,

Regarding above matter, I found out that some compress files format not able scan example arj, 7z, gzip, r00 and some other compress file.

TQ

Jared Charles - Jan 19, 2018 3:42 pm (#1 Total: 1)

Hello,

Currently, the Restricted Attachments feature in MDaemon only supports the extraction of ZIP and 7z compressed files.  However, there is a request on our wish list for this feature to support extraction for several other types of compressed files.

The Cyren AV engine that is used by SecurityPlus supports the scanning of several types of compressed files, such as ZIP, 7z, RAR, TAR, Gzip, etc.

When you mentioned that “arj, 7z, gzip, r00” files could not be scanned, I was not sure whether you were referring to SecurityPlus or the Restricted Attachments feature.  If you were referring to SecurityPlus, then please explain further what happens when those types of compressed files are passed through a SecurityPlus AV scan.  If you could provide any error messages that appear in the logs, that would be helpful.

Regards,
--
Jared Charles
Technical Application Support

U.S. Toll Free: 866-601-2586
International: 817-601-3222

Visit us on Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube

Sent using the MDaemon Messaging Server