Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Rename Attachment using content filter?

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

Rename Attachment using content filter?

The June Outlook security update added a block to certain attachments from being allowed to be opened. Specifically files ending "..pdf" in my case.

I am looking to do a pattern match on incoming emails and rename attachments prior to delivery.

I've been able to get pretty creative in the past with the content filter but this one may not be possible and I am wondering if you have any ideas.

Thanks

  (older msg: 2)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Phil A - Aug 24, 2017 4:56 am (#3 Total: 7)

Photo of Author
Phil A
Hello,

I am grafted on the subject because I have an interrogation do you think it is possible to rename an attachment with variables coming from the mail (subject, body, sender ...)

Thank you

Jared Charles (apparently) - Aug 25, 2017 12:24 pm (#4 Total: 7)

Jared Charles
Jedi
Jedi

Hello Phil,

You should be able to use message macros such as $SUBJECT$ when creating a Content Filter rule for executing the Find and Replace Text program, like you can with the $MESSAGEFILENAME$ macro.  However, you would need to determine a way for that program to match the first portion of a file name found in the MSG file rather than only finding specific text.  Unfortunately, I am not sure how you would accomplish that using the Find and Replace Text program.

Regards,

--

Jared Charles

Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.

www.altn.com

Sent using Alt-N's own MDaemon Messaging Server

Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!