Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > CF & Mailing list message redirection

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

CF & Mailing list message redirection

Hi all

I have a need to redirect some incoming message(s) for one mailing list
to different mailing list (or user). office@ is, by default, being given
by my users as a generic contact or being read from our official
documents... and then used instead of addresses setup for particular
purposes. And once this starts it is quite difficult to change.

Anyway, for example, I would like to redirect message sent to
office@mydomain.com (5 list members), based on some criteria, to
sales@mydomain.com (4 users).
Following simple rule does not work:
RuleName=Redirection test
Enable=Yes
ThisRuleCondition=All
ProcessQueue=LOCAL
Condition01=Subject|contains|AND|For sales department|
Condition02=To|contains|AND|office@mydomain.com|
Action01=copy to|"sales@mydomain.com"
Action02=delete|

If I'm reading SMTP workflow right
(http://help.altn.com/mdaemon/en/mdaemons_smtp_work_flow.htm) this is
because once the message reaches Content Filter it is in fact 5 messages
and none of those have office@ in the To field. True, there are
X-Rcpt-To, X-MDRcpt-To, X-MDMailing-List and Sender fields which all
contain office@, but these are present in all 5 Local Queue messages and
if I use them sales@ list members will get 5 copies of each message.

I cannot change office@ list members (if I had only one, using any of 4
above mentioned fields would work).
I think I could, for example, delete 4 of the messages and do the
redirect with the fifth. Haven't worked out the details, but I'm
guessing it would require 2 or 3 rules at least.

Is there a way to do this more elegantly?

Regards

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Aleksandar Devecerski - May 2, 2017 4:31 am (#2 Total: 2)  

 

Photo of Author
Aleksandar Deve…
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 99

MDaemon
RelayFax
SecurityPlus
WebAdmin
Yup, that's it.
Thank you Jared


On 02.05.2017. 00.15, Jared Charles wrote:
> Hello Aleksandar,
>
> The rule you provided should work, as long as this option is enabled:
> 1. In MDaemon, click *Setup | Mailing List Manager | Mailing List Settings*
> 2. Enable the "Apply content & spam filters to list mail before cracking
> individual copies" option.
> 3. Click "Ok".
>
> Since that option will cause the message to be sent through the Content
> Filter before it is cracked into five messages, then your rule will
> change the address to "sales" mailing list before this occurs.
>
> NOTE: You might want to create an additional rule that applies to the
> "CC" header, as well, in case the sender enters the "office" mailing
> list address into that field instead of the "To" field.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>
> Jared Charles
>
> Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.
>
> www.altn.com
>
> Sent using Alt-N's own MDaemon Messaging Server
>
> Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,
>
> Document Sharing, Hijacked Account Detection and more.
>
> Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: md-cfilter@altn.com [mailto:md-cfilter@altn.com] On Behalf Of
> Aleksandar Devecerski
> Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 5:58 AM
> To: md-cfilter List Member <md-cfilter@altn.com>
> Subject: [md-cfilter] CF & Mailing list message redirection
>
> Hi all
>
> I have a need to redirect some incoming message(s) for one mailing list
> to different mailing list (or user). office@ is, by default, being given
> by my users as a generic contact or being read from our official
> documents... and then used instead of addresses setup for particular
> purposes. And once this starts it is quite difficult to change.
>
> Anyway, for example, I would like to redirect message sent to
> office@mydomain.com <mailto:office@mydomain.com> (5 list members), based
> on some criteria, to sales@mydomain.com <mailto:sales@mydomain.com> (4
> users).
>
> Following simple rule does not work:
>
> RuleName=Redirection test
>
> Enable=Yes
>
> ThisRuleCondition=All
>
> ProcessQueue=LOCAL
>
> Condition01=Subject|contains|AND|For sales department|
> Condition02=To|contains|AND|office@mydomain.com|
> <mailto:Condition02=To|contains|AND|office@mydomain.com|>
>
> Action01=copy to|"sales@mydomain.com <mailto:sales@mydomain.com>"
>
> Action02=delete|
>
> If I'm reading SMTP workflow right
>
> (http://help.altn.com/mdaemon/en/mdaemons_smtp_work_flow.htm) this is
> because once the message reaches Content Filter it is in fact 5 messages
> and none of those have office@ in the To field. True, there are
> X-Rcpt-To, X-MDRcpt-To, X-MDMailing-List and Sender fields which all
> contain office@, but these are present in all 5 Local Queue messages and
> if I use them sales@ list members will get 5 copies of each message.
>
> I cannot change office@ list members (if I had only one, using any of 4
> above mentioned fields would work).
>
> I think I could, for example, delete 4 of the messages and do the
> redirect with the fifth. Haven't worked out the details, but I'm
> guessing it would require 2 or 3 rules at least.
>
> Is there a way to do this more elegantly?
>
> Regards
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
> View/reply at <http://lists.altn.com/WebX?13@@.59862340>
>
> --MD-CFILTER---------------------------------------------------------
>
> This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON's Content
> Filter. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
> md-cfilter-unsubscribe@altn.com <mailto:md-cfilter-unsubscribe@altn.com> .
>
> --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> These forums are provided by Alt-N Technologies for user-to-user support
> and discussion. Alt-N staff members may participate in the forums
> periodically but please recognize that this is not the official method
> of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical support
> please use the form here:
>
> http://www.altn.com/Support/RequestSupport/
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> --MD-CFILTER---------------------------------------------------------
> This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON's Content
> Filter. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
> md-cfilter-unsubscribe@altn.com .
> --POWERED BY MDAEMON!------------------------------------------------
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> These forums are provided by Alt-N Technologies for user-to-user
> support and discussion. Alt-N staff members may participate in the
> forums periodically but please recognize that this is not the official
> method of receiving technical support. To receive personal technical
> support please use the form here:
> http://www.altn.com/Support/RequestSupport/
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>




  All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items



 Content:

Read New | Search

 Guest:

Email to Admin



You are visiting as a Guest user.