Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon SA Rules > Can I add a SpamAssassin plugin like DCC?

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon SA Rules  /

Can I add a SpamAssassin plugin like DCC?

[pietrini, luca]
luca pietrini
luca pietrini - 09:20am, Feb 16 2017

Hi,

Can I add a SpamAssassin plugin like DCC?
If not, it is possible disable MDaemon MDSpamd and configure Windows SpamAssassin to work together at MDaemon?
Thanks

Jay Tolbert - Feb 16, 2017 6:04 pm (#1 Total: 1)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

I don't know if, DCC is compiled into MDSpamD. It is listed in
MDaemon\SpamAssassin\default_rules\v310.pre.

It is disabled there but that is a SpamAssassin default, not MDaemon.

Rather than edit that file which will probably be replaced during an
upgrade, try adding:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
use_dcc 1

to the end of your MDaemon\SpamAssassin\rules\local.cf and restart the
spam filter (Security -> Spam Filter, restart button).

Look at the log that comes up under Security -> MDSpamD in the MDaemon
GUI. I would imagine there will be errors if DCC isn't supported.

As to using another SA implementation, just install that version and
update IP and Port the settings in Security -> Spam Filter, Spam Filter
-> Spam Daemon (MDSpamD) to point to the other implementation. It might
be tricky if you host it on the MDaemon computer since it appears that
using 127.0.0.1 as the IP makes MDaemon think it's using it's version.
That might cause a conflict when MDaemon tries to run MDSpamD and it
can't get listen on the port. See also
http://www.altn.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/KnowledgeBaseResults/?Number=617
which talks about running MDSpamD on another machine.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.