Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Need content filter to replace entire message body V16.0.2

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

Need content filter to replace entire message body V16.0.2

I am looking for a way to replace the entire message body with 1 line of text. I have been trying the regex but no luck. Is there a way to do this?

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Chris McKeon - Jun 20, 2016 2:27 pm (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Chris McKeon
Replying to: Arron Caruth (Jun 20, 2016 8:05 am)
What have you tried so far that has not worked?   What about it wasn’t working? Are you wanting to replace the...

We get several emails, twice a week, from the same customer, and each email has an attachment. The body of the emails are similar but not exactly the same. I want to replace the entire body of these messages with a single line (NOCOVERPAGE: TRUE), forward the email to relayfax where the attachment is printed and the "fax" is then deleted using outbound rules. I have considered extracting the attachments to a folder and then using a powershell to print but this is not ideal either. Thanks.

Jay Tolbert - Jun 21, 2016 9:02 am (#3 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

Chris,

It seems the MDaemon content filter likes to process the message body on
a line by line basis. I cannot find a way to eliminate the carriage
returns.

However, the rule below may accomplish what you want. It removes all
the text from the message (replace .* with nothing) and then adds a
corporate signature (footer) with the desired text. If you look at the
message body there will be many blank lines above the (NOCOVERPAGE:
TRUE) line. Hopefully RelayFax can figure that out.

[Rule065]
RuleName=New Rule #65
Enable=Yes
ThisRuleCondition=Any
ProcessQueue=LOCAL
Condition01=FROM|contains|AND|customer@example.com|
Action01=body search and replace|".*","","0,1"
Action02=add footer|" (NOCOVERPAGE: TRUE)"

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 6/20/2016 2:27 PM, Chris McKeon wrote:
> We get several emails, twice a week, from the same customer, and each
> email has an attachment. The body of the emails are similar but not
> exactly the same. I want to replace the entire body of these messages
> with a single line (NOCOVERPAGE: TRUE), forward the email to relayfax
> where the attachment is printed and the "fax" is then deleted using
> outbound rules. I have considered extracting the attachments to a
> folder and then using a powershell to print but this is not ideal
> either. Thanks.

Replies to this message
  • Chris McKeon (Jun 24, 2016 3:39 pm)

  • Chris McKeon - Jun 24, 2016 3:39 pm (#4 Total: 4)

    Photo of Author
    Chris McKeon
    Replying to: Jay Tolbert (Jun 21, 2016 9:02 am)
    Chris, It seems the MDaemon content filter likes to process the message body on a line by line basis....

    Jay - worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

    Chris