Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > using multiple outgoing IP addresses

using multiple outgoing IP addresses

[G, Mhd]
Mhd G
Mhd G - 11:43pm, Mar 4 2016

Hi there
Sending many emails to Yahoo or other mail servers from one IP address in a short time causes them to block the IP for a while. I have many Public IP's but no device to NAT my Mdaemon private IP to so many Public IP's (a NAT pool). So here is what I want : sending emails to outside using more than one public IP and this is what I've got and I can do :

- public IP's as much as needed (and naturally private ones)
- Mdaemon server which can have ,multiple Private IP's on just one NIC but each one NAT'd with a different public IP
- Mdaemon server with multiple NIC's each one with a different private IP which is NAT'd to a different Public IP

so, how can I set my Mdaemon server to send each email using one of its IP's (all on one NIC or each one on a different NIC)

Is this possible and how ?

Thanks

Shay Walters - Mar 11, 2016 12:54 pm (#1 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Shay Walters
Frequent
Frequent
There is apparently spamming software that does this because I see it all the time on incoming spam.  I have never had a problem sending to Yahoo or Gmail, but I've been emailing them for over a decade, so they recognize my history.  If you have set up a new IP address that they have no history on, then I can understand that response.  If you get multiple IPs, you're going to look all the more like a spammer, in my opinion.  In fact, that is the single most definitive test I look at when deciding what to do with a rash of incoming email.  If it's from multiple near-by IPs like a /29 or /28, I don't look into it any further before blocking it.

<Mhd G> wrote in message news:59861b16.-1@webcrossing.YajCaaooa8G...
[...]

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Mar 7, 2016 8:13 am (#2 Total: 2)

Administrator
Administrator

You can configure MDaemon to use a different outbound IP address per domain, but I can’t think of way to have it change the IP address used each time it sends a message.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

Sending many emails to Yahoo or other mail servers from one IP address in a short time causes them to block the IP for a while. I have many Public IP's but no device to NAT my Mdaemon private IP to so many Public IP's (a NAT pool). So here is what I want : sending emails to outside using more than one public IP and this is what I've got and I can do :

- public IP's as much as needed (and naturally private ones)
- Mdaemon server which can have ,multiple Private IP's on just one NIC but each one NAT'd with a different public IP
- Mdaemon server with multiple NIC's each one with a different private IP which is NAT'd to a different Public IP

so, how can I set my Mdaemon server to send each email using one of its IP's (all on one NIC or each one on a different NIC)

Is this possible and how ?

Thanks

View/reply at using multiple outgoing IP addresses

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@altn.com .

support and discussion.  Alt-N staff members may participate in the