Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > How to set a custom Message-ID in Raw

How to set a custom Message-ID in Raw

[Ussery, Troy]
Troy Ussery
Troy Ussery - 02:47pm, Feb 29 2016

How can I set a custom Message-ID in Raw and have it returned instead of the Mdaemon system generated Message-ID?

I am using the following line in my Raw, but Mdaemon still generates a message-ID and ignores mine.

header (Message-ID: 3179-449-39805-rl)
also tried
header (Message-ID: (3179-449-39805-rl))

(Instead of the parens I used less than and greater than, but this editor removes them)

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Feb 29, 2016 3:05 pm (#1 Total: 1)

Administrator
Administrator

You need to use <> instead of ()

Here is a snippet from the help file.

Placing Specific Header/Value Combinations into the RFC-2822 Message

header <header: value>

If you wish to place a specific header/value combination into the RFC-2822 message that will be generated from a RAW file, you will need to use the HEADER macro listed in the RAW Headers section above. For example, if you want the header "Delivered-By: mail-machine@example.com" to be placed into the RFC-2822 message you would place this: "header <Delivered-By: mail-machine@example.com>" in the RAW message. Note that the "header" macro requires both the field and value. You can place as many "header" macros as you need into a RAW message.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

How can I set a custom Message-ID in Raw and have it returned instead of the Mdaemon system generated Message-ID?

I am using the following line in my Raw, but Mdaemon still generates a message-ID and ignores mine.

header (Message-ID: 3179-449-39805-rl)
also tried
header (Message-ID: (3179-449-39805-rl))

View/reply at How to set a custom Message-ID in Raw

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@altn.com .

support and discussion.  Alt-N staff members may participate in the