Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in > A/V exclusion exists for new mail but is not honoured by WC Filters

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Anti-virus Plug-in  /

A/V exclusion exists for new mail but is not honoured by WC Filters

[Wood, Tim]
Tim Wood
Frequent
Frequent

Tim Wood - 06:44pm, Nov 16 2015

A file exclusion has been added to allow certain external senders to send password protected attachments to us (PDF's in this particular case). These bypass the a/v as expected, however, the original recipient has rules within WC to automatically forward copies to certain other internal users. Because this uses automation and does not allow the original recipient to interact with a message before it is auto-forwarded, shouldn't the same exclusion be applied to the forwarded message since we already allowed the original sender to send it? What actually happens is that the message seems to go through a/v and is corrupted or removed/blocked in the process and the copied user doe snot get the file. I understand why that could be a no given what is going on, would appreciate opinions and a way to avoid?

MD15.52, Sec+4.51 Win2k12r2x64

Regards,
Tim

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Tim Wood - Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm (#2 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Tim Wood
Frequent
Frequent

I am still looking into this Arron.
Tim

Tim Wood - Dec 4, 2015 10:31 am (#3 Total: 4)

Photo of Author
Tim Wood
Update, using the REDIRECT condition allows the original mail to be received, for it to be honoured by exclusions, and the IMAP Filter/Rule to distribute a copy to the other recipients as expected, and without corruption. There were two issues, firstly the file was being corrupted by the FORWARD rule, and secondly it was being filtered by a poor exclusion setup. Changing to REDIRECT resolved both. I don't now have any examples of corrupted files but as and when the situation occurs again we will capture them.
Thanks,
Tim

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Dec 4, 2015 10:40 am (#4 Total: 4)

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the update Tim.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!