Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Exporting Lists and members

Exporting Lists and members

[Bell, Stephen]
Stephen Bell
Stephen Bell - 08:14am, Jul 29 2015

I am looking for a way to export our mailing lists, and members of those lists to a csv that I can do an audit on. Anyone know of a way that I can do this?

Currently running MDaemon 32 bit 15.0.3

Thanks,
SB

Jay Tolbert - Jul 29, 2015 1:25 pm (#1 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

Just open the .grp file for the list from the MDaemon\App directory. It
is a text file. All the list members are at the bottom, you can ignore
the list settings at the top. The filenames are listname@domainname.grp.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 7/29/2015 8:14 AM, Stephen Bell wrote:
> I am looking for a way to export our mailing lists, and members of
> those lists to a csv that I can do an audit on. Anyone know of a way
> that I can do this?
>
> Currently running MDaemon 32 bit 15.0.3
>
> Thanks,
> SB

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Jul 29, 2015 8:30 am (#2 Total: 2)

Administrator
Administrator

You can access the list information without having to export the data.  MDaemon stores its mailing list data, including list membership, in .grp files in the MDaemon\app directory.  The file will be the $LISTNAME$@$DOMAIN$.$TLD$.grp. For example, the data for a list named test34@altn.com would be stored in a file called test34@altn.com.grp.

They are plain text files that can be opened in Notepad, or any other text editor.  There will be a blank line between the configuration data and the list membership data.  Below is a sample snippet.

; ADUSERNAME =

; ADBINDFLAGS = 1

; ADSEARCHSCOPE = 2

; ADPAGESIZE = 1000

; ADPASSWORD =

; DefaultMode = Normal

test.user@altn.com Real Name

$*@altn.com

^user1@altn.com user1

!user2@altn.com user2

An email address that starts with a "$" means the address can only post to the list.  An email address that starts with a "^" means the address will only receive copies of messages sent to the list, they cannot post to it. An email address that starts with "!" means the address is setup to receive digest copies of the list.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!