Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Tactics for fighting spam - online discussion or mailing list?

Tactics for fighting spam - online discussion or mailing list?

    I spend a fair amount of time trying to limit how much spam gets into my
system, and in the course of doing that, I've noticed a number of patterns
that I've been able to use to limit spam. (One such pattern: noticing a
block of IP addresses from some eastern European country that sends spam - I
can just block that IP range.) I've noticed other patterns in the way
spammers are modifying their actions to get around anti-spam efforts that I
haven't yet been able to exploit.
    I'm just curious if there are some forums that deal with this
specifically. I'd be interested in hearing what other people have noticed
and in sharing what I've found too. Does anyone know of a mailing-list or
on-line forum that deals with this type of thing?

leigh.cain@altn.com (apparently) - Jul 24, 2015 10:52 am (#1 Total: 1)

via email - Technical Support

Photo of Author
leigh.cain@altn…

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
Hi Shay,

SpamAssassin has a Users mailing list:

I have found it helpful to monitor, as people often discuss tactics spammers use on it. There's also a lot of configuration issue discussion which is less helpful to an MD admin, since the majority is Linux based, but it is not so high-volume as to make it too time-consuming to wade through.

--
Leigh Cain
Quality Assurance Analyst

Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

    I spend a fair amount of time trying to limit how much spam gets into my
system, and in the course of doing that, I've noticed a number of patterns
that I've been able to use to limit spam.  (One such pattern: noticing a
block of IP addresses from some eastern European country that sends spam - I
can just block that IP range.)   I've noticed other patterns in the way
spammers are modifying their actions to get around anti-spam efforts that I
haven't yet been able to exploit.
    I'm just curious if there are some forums that deal with this
specifically.  I'd be interested in hearing what other people have noticed
and in sharing what I've found too.   Does anyone know of a mailing-list or
on-line forum that deals with this type of thing?

support and discussion.  Alt-N staff members may participate in the