Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Raw messages from hacked worpress site on local server.

Raw messages from hacked worpress site on local server.

[Lever, Gary]
Gary Lever
Gary Lever - 07:20pm, Jul 23 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to limit or secure local "raw" mails from being sent in the case of a hack on the webserver ?

i`ve had 2 seperate cases where my hacked ( hacked/outdated/vulnerable plugins from wordpress clients) massively spammed my server. The websites and mailserver are on the same dedicated host.

In the last case the website creates raw files which are allowed to enter the mail queue and starts sending thousands of mails which caused a SBL notification and ending up with alle kind of email problems.

At this time i`ve limited all users from sending only 100 mails per day, but i`m not sure if this works as the website connects as a raw connection to the mail server.

Also I want specificly check every email especially from the local host with all security and spam measures possible. However, if i look at the KB articles about security and spam i notice that quite some local accounts are exempted from all kind of security and spam measures.

My problem is not external spam, it`s internal spam. And yeah i know my clients should update there wordpress, but they simply don`t.

Hopefully you have some guidelines for me.

Ge le

Arron Caruth (apparently) - Jul 24, 2015 7:35 am (#1 Total: 1)

Administrator
Administrator
Raw messages from hacked worpress site on local server.

Based on the description you’ve provided, you should be able to reconfigure the Windows permission on the C:\MDAEMON\Queues\RawFiles\ directory so the websites don’t have write permissions?

Actually, you should restrict access to the entire MDaemon directory structure.  If you only prevent them from writing to the RawFiles directory they will just move to another directory.

Now available with  BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

[...]

View/reply at Raw messages from hacked worpress site on local server.

products.  To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
discuss-unsubscribe@altn.com .

support and discussion.  Alt-N staff members may participate in the